Dog-friendly hikes around St. George

On my phone it is hard to say but yes it looks about right. For a spell it follows The Zen mountain bike trail. As for camping I suppose you could. If you get told to move than I guess you move. I don't think I have seen anyone out there camping but it doesn't mean you can't. Maybe check with BLM office.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Okay I mapped it once and I think if you search on google maps under my name Chere' and Third Ravene it was created Dec 16 2012. It is public and has been viewed 3 times. It marks where the psuedo caves are too. I would just post a link but can't figure out how with my phone.

I figured how to send a link (I think) through email to you. If you did get it you are welcome to post it here.

Awesome! That map will be very helpful. Thanks, Chere!

If that area doesn't work out, does anyone have any recommendations for easy car camping pretty close to St. George. Looking like I'm having to shift my days so I'll only be camping Sunday, Monday and maaaaybe Tuesday nights so crowds won't be an issue. :)

is that area out by Third Ravine as good as it looks on satellite for finding a quick spot to camp for the night?

You can definitely camp out there Nick. That ravine is also known as the Green Valley Gap and is very popular with rock climbers. I went out there on a UofU rock climbing trip and they camped out there (although I stayed in a warm house with my St G family.) The area had the odd phenomenon of a multitude of black widows wandering around. I've never seen so many wandering around off their webs.

Red cliffs is a campground.

Was thinking more about it. Look up Navajo rd in Bloomington once off the pavement I bet if you drove back for awhile you could find a place. Not much but free.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bob Palin Best Dog-Friendly Hikes in Utah Trip Planning 12
Tystevens Dog friendly 1-2 night trip within a couple hours of I70 in Utah or Colorado... Trip Planning 4
Bob Dog Derby ...... Idaho General Discussion 0
balzaccom You say a dog ate your permit? General Discussion 0
climbhigh1119 How doable is the sneak route out of Death Hollow with kids and a dog? Trip Planning 6
Rockskipper Everyone (except Perry, the Moose Whisperer) should watch this - moose will eat your lunch (and your dog) General Discussion 11
DuneElliot Gear Review Gear Review: Ruffwear Approach Dog Pack Gear Reviews 3
Vegan.Hiker GPS Dog Tracking Devices / Gun Dog Whistles General Discussion 7
kimbur96 Need ideas...3 days, Nov 17-20, with dog?? Trip Planning 10
Vegan.Hiker Camel's Hump, Mansfield, Dog Mtn, Vermont Hiking & Camping 4
River Lost Dog in the Winds General Discussion 1
la_alpinista The Gulch with a dog? Trip Planning 7
rtavious Dog training books General Discussion 0
Nick Dog saves man, man eats dog General Discussion 6
IntrepidXJ Snowshoeing to Water Dog Reservoir Winter Sports 3
Nick Dog abandoned at 14,000 feet, rescued 9 days later General Discussion 23
JD Dog Lake General Discussion 2
Nick Best dog breed for hiking General Discussion 25
Tyler Dog Lake, August 2007 Hiking & Camping 3
Archbishop I want to start taking my dog out backpacking. Trip Planning 8
Archbishop I spent the night with two priests and a Catholic dog.... Backpacking 3
The Trout Whisperer Recyclin’gear…..earth friendly! General Discussion 2
forest dweller Garmin Inreach Mini user friendly or require degree in rocket science? Gear 6
Chuck the Mauler Kid friendly day hikes Trip Planning 5
D Family-Friendly Backcountry??? Trip Planning 2
WasatchWill Family/Kid friendly recommendations for Joshua Tree NP Trip Planning 4
WasatchWill Budget Friendly Brands Gear 3
lostlandscapes Seeking free, 2WD-friendly campsites just north of Moab Trip Planning 17
Writhdar Day hikes in the White Clouds and Lost River Range Hiking & Camping 1
J Lake Mead NRA and Sloan Canyon NCA summit and vista hikes. Nov 21-25, 2021 Hiking & Camping 0
balzaccom Kings Canyon NP Day Hikes Hiking & Camping 3
J Moving down to Southern San Rafael Reef Wilderness for two more loop hikes April 13-14 2021 Hiking & Camping 1
J Dayhiking Moab's awesome geography, couple hikes to summits and rock art April 8-9, 2021 Hiking & Camping 0
Chuck the Mauler Any good day hikes near Breckinridge and Dillion? Trip Planning 5
JBPHXAZ Suggestions for day hikes in Cedar Mesa area Trip Planning 4
Eugene Stanley Idaho area hikes Trip Planning 2
swmalone Questions about Lamar Valley Hikes Trip Planning 9
C plans for long day hikes in Yellowstone Trip Planning 2
NorthwestWanderer Waterfall Hikes & the death of my legendary Chevy Cobalt...in a rock slide. Hiking & Camping 8
Ross Arizona/Utah road trip loop with sandstone/badlands/canyon hikes Hiking & Camping 14
Stephanie B Suggestions for Maze Hikes and Range Canyon Intel? Trip Planning 2
J Red Rock(s) Canyon Natl.Conservation Area Hikes and Scrambles Nov. 15 and 16, 2017 Hiking & Camping 0
piper01 GSENM: Burr Trail hikes Trip Planning 28
John Goering Tobacco Root Mountains day hikes Hiking & Camping 3
D Greetings from Missouri! What are your favorite Hikes in the Sawtooths? Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Shirt357 Winter hikes/snowshoeing near Fort Collins Trip Planning 8
Morgan_Scott Ride Shares for Through Hikes Hiking & Camping 1
Perry 20 Badass Hikes - Agree? General Discussion 3
Ross Sawtooth and Wind hikes + Yellowstone favourites Backpacking 12
C day hikes in Canyonlands Needles in late November Trip Planning 19