Careers of Backcountrypost.com

Just stopping there on my way home to geek out at the Puscifer Store and get some food at Merkin Vineyards Osteria. I'm a fan of the owner (Maynard from Tool). I'm also seeing Tool live on Friday in Vegas and Saturday in Phoenix, so I guess I'm just completing the trifecta Tool road trip.
Looking forward to the Spots. If you wanted to expose us what are the two best representative or your two favorite Tool songs?

Looking forward to the Spots. If you wanted to expose us what are the two best representative or your two favorite Tool songs?

Looking forward to sending one from amongst the saguaros north of Phoenix Saturday night! I'm working in St. George on the way down and Kanab on the way back, so I'll be out for most of the week. Parking the camper and hotelling it in Vegas for a couple of those nights.

As for exposing you to Tool, that's tough because there's such a range and everyone's taste is so different. I tend to gravitate to their softer, more melodic stuff but I love it all. From their new album, the song Descending is my favorite, and is certainly in my top 5, or even top 3 songs out of everything they've released. It's also quite approachable to someone new to it, IMO. Next, I'd say Right in Two is a good one for someone new to it that isn't really into harder music. On the harder/faster side, Parobol+Parabola is a huge favorite, and Lateralus is a beautiful anthem that pretty well covers how I approach life. Sorry, that was four, not two. You should know better than to ask a Tool fan about Tool. :lol:

Edit: @lostlandscapes recently found himself becoming a Tool fan, and his favs are Pneuma and Invincible. Both amongst mine as well. There's just too many. Okay, now that's six. :roflmao:

Looking forward to sending one from amongst the saguaros north of Phoenix Saturday night! I'm

Edit: @lostlandscapes recently found himself becoming a Tool fan, and his favs are Pneuma and Invincible. Both amongst mine as well. There's just too many. Okay, now that's six. :roflmao:

Oh, are you a Tool fan?!
Descending is a good one!
When the album came out my friend and I had a Tool party. Everyone got drunk and watched the CD video very close to their face haha. Hope you got to enjoy a similar experience!

Oh, are you a Tool fan?!
Descending is a good one!
When the album came out my friend and I had a Tool party. Everyone got drunk and watched the CD video very close to their face haha. Hope you got to enjoy a similar experience!

Nice! Yeah, I'm a little bit of a fan. And this is just one of the walls in my office! That BCP wood plaque was created by our own @Vegan.Hiker. :)86232

One of the best bands ever. Get headphones, a drink (or something), and sit through a listen of Aenima start to finish. Not really a 'song' band.

That said, after about 20 years I decided Reflection is probably one of the best sleeper epics they ever wrote. Takes a while to digest Tool tunes ;)

I won a copy of Aenima on cassette when it came out. Radio station had some trivia question to answer, I looked it up online, called in and won.

To date myself, when the DJ asked how in the world I knew the answer to whatever goofy question it was and I told him I looked it up on the internet he had no idea what I was talking about...

Listening to Tool at that age was a faaaaaarrrrrrrr different experience than enjoying their latest disc at 46, lol.

One of the best bands ever. Get headphones, a drink (or something), and sit through a listen of Aenima start to finish. Not really a 'song' band.

That said, after about 20 years I decided Reflection is probably one of the best sleeper epics they ever wrote. Takes a while to digest Tool tunes ;)

Fully agree. Reflection is definitely in my top 5, and Aenima is probably my #1 album as a whole.

Thank god for engineered trusses . Not too many guys left out there that can cut and stack a roof .
Tell me about it! I retired recently after building custom homes for 40+ years. My old crews call me once or twice a week and ask if I can come by to see if they doing it correctly. They are learning though. :lol:

Reactions: Ben
Lol ... Houses I've built with trusses, the truss is never straight. Best roof ive had is my SIPs roof.. then stick built roof is 2nd

Lol ... Houses I've built with trusses, the truss is never straight. Best roof ive had is my SIPs roof.. then stick built roof is 2nd
SIPs have a place in construction and so do trusses. Have you ever had to clearspan 50 feet at 150 PSF with SIPs or stickframe.? But this isn't the place to discuss it,you would lose anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
I think construction, overall, is an honorable profession. Building with SIPS, stick lumber, manufactured wood is all good, as long as it is done creatively and sustainably. Back to the topic, careers, I am in need of a new one. Anyone with a good idea can PM me.

New career or new job? If the latter, what's your background?

SIPs have a place in construction and so do trusses. Have you ever had to clearspan 50 feet at 150 PSF with SIPs or stickframe.? But this isn't the place to discuss it,you would lose anyway.
Not what I said ... trusses do have a place in building

I think construction, overall, is an honorable profession. Building with SIPS, stick lumber, manufactured wood is all good, as long as it is done creatively and sustainably. Back to the topic, careers, I am in need of a new one. Anyone with a good idea can PM me.
Retired is a good second career