Can the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad be used for this?

Born to Hike

So I have a Big Agnes SL Chair Kit that converts a sleeping pad into a chair - an almighty comfortable, must have always, almost can't live without item. It weighs only 6 oz, and I'm telling you, is AWESOME to convert my Klymit Insulated Static V Lite pad into a luxurious chair. Its one of the first things I break out after a day of backpacking, and the first thing I setup in the morning for use. My Klymit Insulated Static V is a tough pad, and handles this kind of "abuse" just fine, but I would like to try a pad that is a bit lighter and more comfortable to sleep on like the the NeoAir XLite.

For all of you who use the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite: Do you think the NeoAir XLite could handle this type of use? Have any of you converted your NeoAir XLite to a chair using a chair kit with success/problems? Buying a new (and expensive) air pad then breaking it would be a bummer.. :)

0817181851_Moment(2).jpg

Attachments

• 0817181851_Moment.jpg
    0817181851_Moment.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 62
I'm sure it could, but I wouldn't want to risk damaging my very expensive sleeping pad for this use.

I used a Thermarest chair for a number of years. I’ve since fallen in love with a Helinox Zero. The only thing I’d double check is the width of your NeoAir, and the width of your chair. My Thermarest chair was always for 20” wide pads, and my NeoAir is gloriously wider.

I have the old Thermarest chair and the xlite. It was not the best fit (older Thermarest pads worked better) but used it a few times. I’ll take a picture and post it upon request.