Camp Bag Essentials

Nick

-
I get a ton of emails from brands and PR companies trying to get attention to their products here on BCP. I ignore nearly every one of them. Until today. This just hit my inbox from a legitimate PR company representing these products. I commend them for sending me something so ridiculous that I felt I had to share. Unfortunately, I think they're being serious. Enjoy!

camp-bag-essentials.jpg

We make a lot of drinks with coconut milk powder and cocoa powder, pretty hydrophobic and will clump badly if not blended. So I take a small wire hand whisk. An electric blender is not on my list to even try out in the wilderness though. LOL

Girlfriend takes live culture pickles for our "plowman's lunches" and she might know about the cramping thing too. She is the nutritionist. I just try to follow her "guidelines" LOL

Pickle juice is old-school runner's potion for cramps.

I don't know that I'd be guzzling salty pickle juice as a "hydration aid". I believe the cramps part though.

And I don't use a blender to scramble eggs even when I'm at home. A blender is not something I'd think of bringing to "stay connected" or do anything else.

I also just really like the phrase "Camp Bag Essentials". It reminds me of something this guy would say if he were talking about camping.

There can only be ten essentials. Given the fact that the products listed are clearly necessary for sustaining life, I'm wondering which of the classic ten I should leave behind to make room for the cocktail mixer and pickle juice.

I'm thinking I should leave the map and compass at home, under the theory that if i get lost, at least I can drink some pickle juice cocktails and get myself tipsy. Won't help me get found any sooner, but at least the hours spent waiting for S&R will pass more quickly! :)

Also, Nick, you should tell them you're interested in their products and see if you can get them to send you a few free samples. They may not be, uh, practical, but at least they'd make for an entertaining Trip Report! I'd be happy to do the TR hahaha :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Janice Yellowstone Yurt Camp - Feb. 19-23, 2023 Trip Reports 15
Ellen What are your favorite spots to hike and camp in December? Trip Planning 10
kwc Great Camp Santanoni Hiking & Camping 1
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 5 - Camp Lake to Titcomb Basin Backpacking 15
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 4 - Halls Lake to Camp Lake Backpacking 17
Perry Henry's Fork Basin - Camp Site Suggestions Trip Planning 3
norwegianxplorer How a Reindeer herd w/calves invaded my camp & started fighting over turf, backpacking Femundsmarka NP Norway Backpacking 2
BackpackingtheSierras Point Reyes National Seashore Coast Camp Trip Backpacking 4
WasatchWill To camp above treeline...or not? Trip Planning 11
Tarp Boy High Sierra Camp Loop, Yosemite, CA Trip Reports 5
D Need suggestions for a backpacking trip with a base camp Trip Planning 10
tropicalwanderer What to do: Grizzly in camp at night General Discussion 22
T Camp notes Hiking & Camping 14
wabenho Butterfly Camp and Ruth Hike 7/19-7/20 Hiking & Camping 4
scatman Lynn Camp Prong Lollipop Loop, Great Smokey Mountains National Park - May 29, 2018 Hiking & Camping 2
AbinadiWitness Chicago Basin: Part 2: Sunlight & Windom Peaks, Black Canyon Camp, Mt. Peale, UT - 16 -18 Aug. 2017 Backpacking 2
TrektheWorld Rawah Wilderness Camp Lakes to West Branch Loop Backpacking 3
John Goering Tobacco Root Mountains South Willow Creek-Camp Creek Reservoir day hike Hiking & Camping 2
Udink Delano and Mine Camp Peaks Hiking & Camping 4
JohnP Ideas around Silverton, CO - Hike + Camp Trip Planning 8
someguy Green River - B Section River Camp Hiking & Camping 8
Chuck the Mauler Convenient camp location question. Trip Planning 8
AllNightAz First official hike and overnight 3-4 day camp trip Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Parma Camp Battle General Discussion 2
Bob Camp mor ten percent off code Gear 0
uintafly Good place to camp and hike with kids Trip Planning 2
Nick Nepal Earthquake: Everest Base Camp Footage General Discussion 6
WillisBodillus Everest Base Camp Oct 1-15 Backpacking 16
IntrepidXJ Winter Camp Ridge Hiking & Camping 5
slc_dan Idaho/Oregon/Norcal Camp reccomendations Trip Planning 4
Upgrayedd Areas to hike, camp and explore with small children within 3 hours of Salt Lake. Trip Planning 13
Thomas Rasmuson What do you do while you are away from camp? General Discussion 10
Dave White Crack to miner's camp Resource Discussions 0
uintahiker Camp Rucker, a ghost town without the crowds Hiking & Camping 0
powderglut Hole in the Rock Base Camp Trip Planning 3
Dan Best Camp Shoe - What's the lightest and most versatile? Gear 51
pixie1339 New camp stove/electronics charger Gear 6
L Need a Place to Car Camp in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
DAA Decent camp 2 hours Christmas Meadows? Trip Planning 6
Nurrgle Backpacker's America's Best Camp Sites - Coyote Gulch General Discussion 7
Nick Camp sites along The Burr Trail Trip Planning 10
Tyler Mount Timpanogos Camp/Summit Aug. 2006 Backpacking 10
Nickrgough Radler Trail Camp shoe Gear 4
regehr zipperless sleeping bag General Discussion 6
Bob Gear Review NEMO Riff Sleeping bag Gear Reviews 1
OwenM SOLDMarmot Pinnacle 15° sleeping bag Gear Market: Buy, Sell, Trade 4
RyanP Sawyer Squeeze questions: how to pre-filter, and recommended dirty-water bag? Gear 30
TrailScot Sleeping bag decision : WM Versalite vs Apache MF Gear 6
Udink Bag Night Challenge 2022 General Discussion 57
wsp_scott Recommend me a sleeping bag Gear 40