Burying Edward Abbey

The thought of cemeteries and burying people in boxes has always really bothered me.

I wonder if there were any legal consequences for those that helped with the process?

The thought of cemeteries and burying people in boxes has always really bothered me.

I don't like any option except to turn to dust in the desert. Just in case there are legal consequences I think I'll just slip out the backdoor when it's time and spare my friends, just get myself to a nice, peaceful spot and leave myself there.

I've always wanted to know more about the burial of Edward Abbey. Thanks for sharing, it was great. I loved the part about the singing coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I don't know that I look like him very much but I would say that there are worse things you could say about me :moses:

However I am a non-violent person so if someone reenacts the MWG I want to play the part of.. I don't know.. maybe Bonnie?

Great read. Exactly how I want it done myself.
This is similar to my long-planned method of checking out. On top of a high peak in winter, in shorts, with a bottle of wine. I just hope you guys who committed to hauling my carcass in so the peak baggers don't curse my presence will remember your commitment - right Underscore ??

This is similar to my long-planned method of checking out. On top of a high peak in winter, in shorts, with a bottle of wine. I just hope you guys who committed to hauling my carcass in so the peak baggers don't curse my presence will remember your commitment - right Underscore ??

This is a two way pact my friend.

I knew the story but not the details, thanks. I'm old enough that I actually was at the second memorial for Abbey they talk about at the end of that story, outside Moab, below Arches. It was pretty cool to be out there on the sandstone, listening to guys like Dave Foreman and Doug Peacock talk about him. Here's the talk Foreman did, I distinctly remember him opening that beer to start: