Browntown, USA

Deadeye008

Hambone
A couple buddies and myself backpacked into YNP in search of Browntown, USA this past weekend. We found it and spent a few days reaping the rewards of timing this trip just right. Big, thick fish were the name of the game all weekend long. There was no shortage of them. Got down into the teens one morning but the cold quickly went away as we landed fish after fish throughout the morning and into the day. When the time came to return to civilization we bid the Browns farewell, until net year...

We passed the tracks of some competition on the way in and heard them howling back and forth as we reached our destination.

Sizing up the competition by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Browntown, USA resident.

Sexy Beast by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Tools of the trade.

Temps in the teens and hogs to be had... by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Big boy all colored up by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Hang time.

That ain't no white fish... by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Take off 2 by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Misty morning by Deadeye008, on Flickr

The trail ahead... by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Lake sunrise by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Warm water by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8865.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8958.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9029.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9056.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9109.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9121.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9135.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9152.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9162.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

GOPR2846-6.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

GOPR2846-3.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_9205.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

damn! that is sick, beautiful fish and some impressive photos. very nice!

looks like a sweet trip! I think I need to do a Yellowstone trip like this. So what is your favorite lens to shoot with while your out fishing?

I've been really liking my Canon 55-250mm IS lens lately. All of the shots except the fisheye ones were shot with it on this trip. It has great image quality, is really light and compact and I picked it up for $100 so if it takes a drink I'm not out much. I would love to take my 70-200 2.8 IS on one of my trips but the combination of size/weight and cost just turns me off... Guess I just need to get gutsy. If I'm fishing alone I really like my fisheye lens because it's easy to hold the fish with one hand and take the photo with the other. This is the first trip I have used my GoPro with the new dive housing. I really liked the way the underwater stuff came out so I'll probably be using that a lot more also.

WOW...very impressive both the fish themselves and the photos!

What great shots! Is this by chance "betwe been the lakes"? I have always had intentions of trying the Browns there for the fall spawn but have never actually been able to make it.

...very, very good pictures!
Btw, I love my fisheye lens too.
Thx for sharing. :)

Gesendet von meinem ViperXed HOX |2.7.1| mit Tapatalk 2

Awesome deadeye!!! Those are some monster browns!!! Killer shots!