Bridger Foothills Fire

Rockskipper

No ETA
Fire burning up Bridger Cyn. Hope Bridger Bowl is OK. Evacuations, some structures lost. Fond memories of up there. I bet @Jackson can see the smoke.

Fire burning up Bridger Cyn. Hope Bridger Bowl is OK. Evacuations, some structures lost. Fond memories of up there. I bet @Jackson can see the smoke.
We're headed home from Bozeman right now and I can see the flames. Lots more on the backside that I can't see. The fire on the western side looked to be mostly done this afternoon, but it seems to have sprung up again.

Here's the start of it yesterday from my boss's office.
IMG_20200904_155245.jpg

And here it is from the Belgrade recycling dropoff this afternoon.
IMG_20200905_135450.jpg

And here's a bad one from a moving vehicle that I took as I typed this message.
IMG_20200905_203245.jpg

I think @John Goering lives close to the Bridgers if I remember correctly. Hopefully he's doing well. Maybe he'll chime in on here.

I heard it was human caused, not surprised. And with the Red Flag Warning today and low humidity it really exploded and jumped the road. It looked pretty okay this morning. I have friends living in Bozeman who update me as well.
Sooner or later I move out there as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard it was human caused, not surprised. And with the Red Flag Warning today and low humidity it really exploded and jumped the road. It looked pretty okay this morning. I have friends living in Bozeman who update me as well.
Sooner or later I move out there as well

Not a cloud in the sky yesterday, so that definitely points to it being human caused. I hadn't heard anything official yet as to the exact cause. Probably a hiker tossing a cigarette butt or something.

Not a cloud in the sky yesterday, so that definitely points to it being human caused. I hadn't heard anything official yet as to the exact cause. Probably a hiker tossing a cigarette butt or something.

Same here, just cloudless, hot, and windy in Yellowstone. And lots of careless people everywhere. Despite the fire restrictions I see campfires that are not properly dowsed. Hope they get the Bridger Fire under control soon. Yellowstone closed Craig’s Pass again today because of the Lonestar Fire which was exploding again yesterday and today. I guess I have to plan some of the hikes again

Same here, just cloudless, hot, and windy in Yellowstone. And lots of careless people everywhere. Despite the fire restrictions I see campfires that are not properly dowsed. Hope they get the Bridger Fire under control soon. Yellowstone closed Craig’s Pass again today because of the Lonestar Fire which was exploding again yesterday and today. I guess I have to plan some of the hikes again

Sounds like a good time to get to the Beartooths! :D

I bet you're excited for Monday's temperature drop and rain!

Sounds like a good time to get to the Beartooths! :D

I bet you're excited for Monday's temperature drop and rain!

I can’t wait for the temperature drop!! Fingers crossed for some rain. Even snow in the higher elevations, yeah. I’m moving camp to Flagg Ranch so I can hike the Bechler area and around South Boundary trail area.
This year so far was a weird year with lots of trip changes due to CoVid and fires and smoke. For that reason, many hikes didn’t happen

The Grizzly Creek fire here in W. Colorado was human caused, but they think it was from sparks as someone's safety chains dragged along the pavement.

Saturday afternoon photo when it was burning right up to the east side of the ridge.

50309393708_4268b1663d_6k.jpg

I'm kind of thankful for the sparse vegetation up there. I talked to a friend that is working for the FS today. The number of burned out structures is still unknown but apparently more than a few. I suspect they may have got access to some of those sites today with the cooler temperatures and rain.