Blast from the Past ....

kwc

I wasn’t sure if I should start a thread here or in the photography section but here goes anyway! Over the past few days I’ve been digitizing roughly 1300 slides from our past travels. And, from the looks of things on here, several of you weren’t even born when the photos were taken. So I’ll start off this time travel portal with this one photograph ...

Our campsite (A101) in Rocky Mountain NP, August 1974. Quite the view ...

FEE7F6A7-FE3D-4C9C-9FF9-4504FE352191.jpeg

I wasn’t sure if I should start a thread here or in the photography section but here goes anyway! Over the past few days I’ve been digitizing roughly 1300 slides from our past travels. And, from the looks of things on here, several of you weren’t even born when the photos were taken. So I’ll start off this time travel portal with this one photograph ...

Our campsite (A101) in Rocky Mountain NP, August 1974. Quite the view ...

View attachment 88705
Different photo technology, different camping gear, same mountains (though with a lot less beetle kill). Love it. Keep em coming!

A scan from an old photo!

This was a trip we made into the 'Alpine Lakes Wilderness' back in October 1997. 10 mile approach and 5500 feet gain.....Plan was to climb Prussik Peak. Prussik is the tall peak in the background. We started off from the TH in the sun but by the time we arrived up high it was full on Winter. We set up our tarp for the night and hunkered down. Stopped snowing by morning but there was a foot of new snow on the ground....Set off to climb Prussik anyways and it all went well. Weather can change all too quickly in the Washington Cascades.

Attachments

• PrussikPeak.jpeg
    PrussikPeak.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 25
The same tent as the first post, this time in the rain in Wind Cave NP. It was cold, wet, and somewhat miserable. We actually cooked a Tony's frozen pizza on the fireplace. My apologies for the condition of the digitized slide ...

1589233605626.png

We actually cooked a Tony's frozen pizza on the fireplace.

I have a story from college which starts with cooking a frozen pizza on a tiny bbq grill and ends with replacing an entire set of bedding.

Looking forward to the fall meetup :p

I have a story from college which starts with cooking a frozen pizza on a tiny bbq grill and ends with replacing an entire set of bedding.

Looking forward to the fall meetup :p

Wish I could be there to hear that story!!

The map we got from the BLM for "Hole in Rock" road, the Menu from the Double D Cafe (they use colored "Oleo" on toast!) in Escalante, on our honeymoon in 1982.

Scan 32.jpeg

Scan 29.jpeg

Scan 31.jpeg

Scan 30.jpeg

My brother and I in 1977, in the Lake Mary parking lot in Mammoth Lakes, on our way to Purple Lake.
I wish I still had that 1966 Mustang K-code GT Fastback, High Performance 289. Worth about $100,000 now.

Scan-3.jpg

Last edited: