Black bear

gnwatts

I came home last evening with some of my neighbors next to my house looking out over the hill below, I walked over and there was a female (I think) black bear, about 40' up our tree. No cubs around, so maybe it was a male. We hung out watching up while watching her/him. Pretty cool, until you realize the bear should not be in our neighborhood. Trash day today.

IMG_1230.jpg

Last edited:
I had that happen when I lived in Eldorado Springs, a small town next to Boulder. I lived in a house accessible only by a trail, and one evening I arrived home to a juvenile bear in a tree that overhung the entryway stairs. I waited for a while, and decided to walk under it. It made some snorting noises, but otherwise did nothing.

Sounds like my neighborhood here in Glenwood. There was a bear in the neighbors yard yesterday. We’ve had a few mountain lions in the neighborhood too. Am kind of out by the airport and the river so they can swim in or fly in.

Sounds like my neighborhood here in Glenwood. There was a bear in the neighbors yard yesterday. We’ve had a few mountain lions in the neighborhood too. Am kind of out by the airport and the river so they can swim in or fly in.

My son lives up the Roaring Fork from you and he has seen mountain lion tracks lately, and a few bears. A moose walked right by our living room window a while back, I followed it at a safe distance below our house, until it let me know I was too close, maybe 75'. Magnificent.

IMG_2378 (1).jpeg

Fantastic shot!

ETA: Someone just posted on the Roaring Fork Roads and Weather FB page that there's a big black bear wandering aorund the neighborhoods in W. Glenwood.

Last edited:
Thanks @Rockskipper.
I did not hear that. When I take our dog out at night I am very careful. He has chased a bear before, but he luckily knew when to stop.

Back