Birthday in Yosemite

balzaccom

Since my birthday falls in early August, I usually manage to get out on the trail to celebrate.

This year, my youngest daughter was in town, which gave us even more impetus to see some wonderful places over the course of a few days. We spent one night at our cabin above Sonora.
1723906217350.png
The next day we drove over Sonora Pass and by Mono Lake before going over Tioga Pass into Yosemite. Once there, we hiked Pothole Dome and then cross-countried over to Tuloumne River for some R&R. The following day we spent hiking up the Dana Fork on a sensational hike up to Spillway Lake, followed by bathing in Tenaya Lake. And then we took a third day to clamber up Mt. Hoffman fromMay Lake, for some of the best views in the whole park.
1723906153371.png
I also do a bunch of volunteer work in the Sierra, and so on the final day we joined a crew to help restore Ackerman Meadow.
1723906252569.png
All of this possible because I did manage to get a reservation at the newly restored Crane Flat Campground.

For the full story, including the photo log of all the days, start here: https://www.backpackthesierra.com/post/birthday-adventures

Back