Bikepacking in Nevada. Not what you think?

Yay! Thanks for sharing!
I keep wanting to hike in Nevada since it is so close to me. Those are some really pretty views!

Very cool! Being a gear junky I immediately was drawn to your pics with your gear, and curious what gear you used on that trip?

There's quite a few different trips in there. That being said most of it is just normal backpacking gear. Very little is specialized. I sadly tend to carry more non-essential items than when backpacking or especially climbing. If you have a specific question I'll be happy to try to answer it. I'm far from a pro bikepacker.

There's quite a few different trips in there. That being said most of it is just normal backpacking gear. Very little is specialized. I sadly tend to carry more non-essential items than when backpacking or especially climbing. If you have a specific question I'll be happy to try to answer it. I'm far from a pro bikepacker.

Most of the gear I recognized and like @blueeyes totally dig the raft! That looked way fun!

Reactions: dug
You put your bike on a packraft and all you give us is a couple photos??? We need actual trip reports :)
I second this. Photos are awesome but a little story to go with is even better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I counter that the minimal, succinct and mysteriousness along with the slew of great shots actually is hard to do, and you pulled me along very well.
I like it!

And areas of Nevada you'd recommend I check out?
Nevada is not really known as the land of 'spectacular'. Thus almost anywhere off the beaten track you will find solitude and high desert beauty. No idea of your intinerary but Ruby mtns in NE, Black Rock/Emigrant NRA in the NW, Wheeler Pk./Great Basin NP, Valley of Fire SP near Vegas and the Black Canyon below Hoover dam are more well known and frequented.

Nevada is not really known as the land of 'spectacular'. Thus almost anywhere off the beaten track you will find solitude and high desert beauty. No idea of your intinerary but Ruby mtns in NE, Black Rock/Emigrant NRA in the NW, Wheeler Pk./Great Basin NP, Valley of Fire SP near Vegas and the Black Canyon below Hoover dam are more well known and frequented.

Ha, not the land of spectacular, this is exactly my impression... but I have a feeling there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. I've only hiked the Pinto Valley Wilderness area north of Lake Mead, as well as Valley of Fire, and loved it. Thanks for the suggestions, all of those are on my radar. Route is in the very initial phase of planning... plotting a whole bunch of cool stuff and then going to make a route that strings as much of it together as possible.

I'm trying to plot things like hot springs, abandoned mines, old military bases or training grounds, caves, waterfalls (not so much in NV), old volcanoes, ancient ruins etc. I was hoping to find more stuff like that on the CDT but there really wasn't a whole lot of those things. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of nice scenery, but sometimes its the off-the-beaten-path discoveries that can make the difference in a stretch that's otherwise not so scenic.

This one just popped up on my radar and it is Nevada. Throwing it out there in case it is not on yours. You said you liked the ancient.

Winnemucca Lake Petroglyphs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk