Bear Grylls Fired by Discovery!

Hahaha. Sorry man. I think Bear is kind of a douche. Bring back Les Stroud!!!!!! Survivor man rules!
I respect Les because he did it all on his own, but he seemed like such a geek/annoying in his own way.

I always thought Bear seemed like he would be a cool guy, but the situations he presented seemed over the top. You have to admit though, the dude does some ballsy stuff on the show.

I respect Les because he did it all on his own, but he seemed like such a geek/annoying in his own way.

I always thought Bear seemed like he would be a cool guy, but the situations he presented seemed over the top. You have to admit though, the dude does some ballsy stuff on the show.

True. Just about everything he did on the show was outrageous and over the top but that's what Discovery was pushing I'm sure. This story sounds like he probably got tired of giving in to their demands so they got rid of him.

Hahaha. Sorry man. I think Bear is kind of a douche. Bring back Les Stroud!!!!!! Survivor man rules!
On November 23, 2011, Stroud's official website announced the show will be returning for a series of specials in which he would "up the ante" by surviving alone in 10 day stretches—three more days than in previous episodes.The four, hour-long specials are being produced and will premiere summer 2012.

On November 23, 2011, Stroud's official website announced the show will be returning for a series of specials in which he would "up the ante" by surviving alone in 10 day stretches—three more days than in previous episodes.The four, hour-long specials are being produced and will premiere summer 2012.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! :D :frantic: :twothumbs:

I watched both shows, but Les Stroud presented more of what might actually happen. There's not one person I know that would dangle off a cliff just to get out of the woods. Way Extreme! Dual Survival is a pretty good show it just doesn't show surviving alone like Stroud does, but good none the less.

I remember his Canyonlands episode and he only lasted like 3 days before he needed to get out with help (beacon). He couldn't find water and was suffering.

Now where are we going to get pee drinking jokes from....

I remember his Canyonlands episode and he only lasted like 3 days before he needed to get out with help (beacon). He couldn't find water and was suffering.

He did bail early in that episode, but in his defense, he still made it 6 days. Les rules! :cool:

Les Stroud is the man!!!!! He is a true survivor in my book.... I don't mind Bear, he's entertaining to watch and I mostly watched to see the country he was in!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Bear Grylls Running Wild - Utah Episode General Discussion 46
Nick Who wants to be on TV with Bear Grylls? General Discussion 3
Bob Bear coming out after hibernation - Canada General Discussion 0
TheMountainRabbit News Release: Yellowstone National Park increases protection for bears and visitor safety by implementing changes to two bear management areas General Discussion 14
Rockskipper 'Bear cam' viewers save stranded hiker in Alaska General Discussion 5
Bob Bear charge - Yellowstone General Discussion 1
Bob Teton Canyon Bear General Discussion 3
balzaccom Bear Canister...where does it go? Trip Planning 19
Janice Sleeping Bear Dunes Hiking & Camping 13
Bob Bear Test .... General Discussion 7
OldBill Short Bear Basin exploration, Wind Rivers Trip Planning 7
forest dweller Grizzly Bear Kills Backcountry Guide Near Yellowstone, Investigators shot and killed the bear after it charged. General Discussion 13
travel2walk trip report: Wind River Range – Ross Lakes, Bear Basin, Grasshopper Glacier, & Dinwoody Creek loop, Aug-Sep 2020 Trip Reports 41
S Bear fence wanted Gear Market: Buy, Sell, Trade 5
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking the Lost River Range in Idaho : Bear Creek Lake & Upper Basin Backpacking 7
K 38 Years Ago Today ... Close Grizzly Bear Encounter in Wyoming's Teton Wild. Everything Else 2
norwegianxplorer Bear Standoff and Bluff Charge in Kings Canyon yesterday June 30th Backpacking 16
McKee80 TR: Bear Lakes Basin Pine Creek TH 09-05/11-19 Backpacking 14
fossana Bear Lakes > Royce Lakes overnighter (High Sierra) Backpacking 12
Wanderlust073 Wooly Bear Gear 4
TeamJenkins17 Black bear killing baby elk Photography 0
Rockskipper First grizzly bear sighting of 2019 reported in Yellowstone NP General Discussion 12
Aldaron Bob Marshall Bear Spray Trip Planning 14
NorthwestWanderer Washington - 4x4 to Bear Lake & Little Deer Pass Off Road 0
fossana Bear Canyon/Sabino Canyon Loop (Santa Catalina Mountains, AZ) Hiking & Camping 3
LarryBoy When do you carry bear spray? General Discussion 92
NorthwestWanderer Copper Pass, North Cascades (Day Hike + Bear sighting) Hiking & Camping 1
Rockskipper What are the odds? Bear bites can of bear spray in Spray Valley General Discussion 3
Rockskipper Man wades into Katmai bear feeding zone, takes a selfie General Discussion 2
Miya Bear Canister Noob Question Gear 27
IntrepidXJ Canyonlands National Park: Expanded Bear Container Requirements General Discussion 7
K Bear Encounters - Your Stories General Discussion 10
P Bear bagging above treeline General Discussion 6
Perry Experience with ZPacks Cuben Fiber Bear Bag Kit? Gear 6
Perry Late Season Uintas Day Hike Ideas. Bear River to WFBF and Back? Trip Planning 13
Artemus Grizzly Bear Expansion Map General Discussion 23
Perry Saw My First Utah Bear Today... With a Bonus General Discussion 0
WasatchWill Bear Ears NM officially in transition? General Discussion 6
Laura Bear's Ears Trip Planning 2
V Bear Proof Food Storage - Ursack Trip Planning 43
M VIDEO - Bear Peak, Boulder, Colorado General Discussion 0
Langdon Greene new bear canister company Gear 4
andyjaggy Bear Basin Windrivers Trip Planning 7
J Ascent of Big Baldy - Bear River Range Hiking & Camping 7
Smaugxxx Salt Creek & Bear Box Gear 0
Vegan.Hiker Pedals - New Jersey's Walking Bear General Discussion 2
J Bear (bag) piñata! General Discussion 1