BCP Security Update

Nick

-
I installed an SSL certificate on Backcountry Post so that the site is more secure today. No one should notice this other than the URL bar in your browser will now show the green lock indicating a secure site and the pages load with an "s" in https://backcountrypost.com now (instead of just http).

The only reason I post this is to ask you to let me know if you have any issues with the site that may pop up as a result. There are some older threads that have unsecure content hot linked that may throw a mixed content warning. I'd love to hear about that if you run into it. Thanks everyone.

Don't know if its related or not but I cannot log in via Tapatalk on my mobile phone. No problem on a PC browser (Obviously because I'm posting this). What happens is it wants me to enter my credentials, which I do, then it just comes back to the same log in page.

Don't know if its related or not but I cannot log in via Tapatalk on my mobile phone. No problem on a PC browser (Obviously because I'm posting this). What happens is it wants me to enter my credentials, which I do, then it just comes back to the same log in page.

Mine is still logged in, but I can't see any posts.

Now it kicked me out and I can't log back in either :)

That's what happened to me. I had been using my mobile all day and when I just went to check out the forum it wanted me to log back in. Something is not just right for sure.

Might be another issue. I'm using Chrome which I always use on my PCs. I used to be able to hover the mouse pointer over Alerts on the top tool bar and it would start a search for new alerts. Now I have to click on it to get it to search.

Just for giggles I logged in using IE 11 and I got the mixed content warning on the home page.

Now it kicked me out and I can't log back in either :)
That's what happened to me. I had been using my mobile all day and when I just went to check out the forum it wanted me to log back in. Something is not just right for sure.

That happened to me momentarily but then it worked fine. Try quitting your browser and reopening it. If that doesn't work, try a restart.

That happened to me momentarily but then it worked fine. Try quitting your browser and reopening it. If that doesn't work, try a restart.

I can log in on my mobile using a web browser just fine. The problem occurs when using Tapatalk. And I have rebooted my phone.

I can log in on my mobile using a web browser just fine. The problem occurs when using Tapatalk. And I have rebooted my phone.

Ahhhhh, Tapatalk. Part of me is glad it's broken. I know quite a few of you use it, but it is not a good thing on the admin side. I'll look into it.

Ahhhhh, Tapatalk. Part of me is glad it's broken. I know quite a few of you use it, but it is not a good thing on the admin side. I'll look into it.

I just googled... you have to configure Tapatalk to use https.

Tapatalk should be good now. Let me know if you still have any issues.

Yep! I did have to exit and restart Tapatalk before it would work but it's all good now. Thank you @Nick !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk