BCP is back up!

Nick

-
Just a quick heads up - I'm moving BCP to a new server with speedy SSD storage sometime in the next 48 hours. For most people the downtime shouldn't be more than an hour or two but it could be as long as 24-48 hours for DNS to propagate to everyone. While it is down the site should still load but it will say something about being updated or down for maintenance.

I slacked off a bit so this is actually happening tonight. I already moved the site over to the new server for testing and it went well. In the next hour or so I will make it so that no one can create new posts on the current server and start the final move. Once it's up on the new server, I'll switch the DNS routing and most of you should start seeing the new server this evening. Everyone else should be hitting it by tomorrow morning.

If you have any problems posting or accessing the site after tomorrow morning, email me directly at nick@backcountrypost.com.

Hope I can hold my breath that long :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seems to be working here. Except I can't get out of the new posts sidebar... ;)

The DNS change still hasn't propagated to my home ISP, but I can get to the new server using mobile data on my phone FTW!

The DNS change still hasn't propagated to my home ISP, but I can get to the new server using mobile data on my phone FTW!

It's been like that for me since Friday morning. And through my work connection it was good to go Friday as well. Google's DNS server in Mountain View, CA didn't propagate until sometime this morning so I think that was messing a lot of things up in the U.S. It's things like local Comcast DNS servers that are slacking right now. As of this moment there are still 20 online at the old server and 40 here at the new one. I've never seen it take more than 24-36 hours and it's been almost 70.

It's been like that for me since Friday morning. And through my work connection it was good to go Friday as well. Google's DNS server in Mountain View, CA didn't propagate until sometime this morning so I think that was messing a lot of things up in the U.S. It's things like local Comcast DNS servers that are slacking right now. As of this moment there are still 20 online at the old server and 40 here at the new one. I've never seen it take more than 24-36 hours and it's been almost 70.
Confirm that, it has always taken a variable 2-20 hours for my DNS changes. AND it seems like it has been much better as of late with it all rattling around and updating in one or two hours. Maybe BCP has a stigma?

My firefox browser still couldn't connect, even after editing the hosts file. Currently works on IE.

This morning I still couldn't see the new server from my home ISP, so I changed my DNS settings to use OpenDNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. Google public DNS servers still aren't pointing to the new server.

This morning I still couldn't see the new server from my home ISP, so I changed my DNS settings to use OpenDNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. Google public DNS servers still aren't pointing to the new server.

I know. It's super frustrating and I'm not sure what can be done about it. I'm still hitting the old server at my house this morning too.