Backcountrypost Shirts: Round 2

What would you like to see in the next batch of shirts? Check all that apply.

• Cotton or cotton blend, not a synthetic tee this time around

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No cotton, just higher quality synthetic

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Less logo, more outdoors-related graphics

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • More subdued

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More colorful

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Funny design

• Cool design

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Yellow shirt

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Green shirt

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Blue shirt

• Red shirt

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Orange shirt

• Brown shirt

• White shirt

• Black shirt

• Total voters

Nick

-
We're about out of the first round of backcountrypost shirts. For men, we're down to only a couple of 3XL left. For women we have 1 each Small and Medium and then a couple of Large and X-Large. So if anyone wants any of those, place your order at the link above or email me.

We're thinking each time we run out, we'll do something totally different the next shirts we order. So I guess it's time to figure out whats next. I'd love to get input from the community on what you'd like.

Here are some thoughts I had on it:

Maybe a cotton or cotton blend this time for lounging around town or at night in camp after hiking all day. I like hiking in synthetics but I like cotton the rest of the time.

Totally different design. We were thinking something cool or funny and just accented by the backcountrypost logo. Tough to come up with something though!

More colorful? The grey is light and goes with anything but it's far from colorful. Seems like most hiking shirts are bright and colorful.

If we stick with synthetic, maybe a heavier weight/higher quality one?

I'd love to hear any thoughts you all have on it and what you think of the first batch now that you've had a chance to get out on some hikes in them.

I hate cotton.. I lounge around in syth stuff :), and my BCP shirt is one of my favorite currently.

That said, crazy bright colours would be cool.. neonyellowish, etc

Giant footprint on the front with the BCP logo in the tread kinda like a Vibram logo in their tread...

that is all

I need more synthetics for hiking, so my vote would go for them. Maybe a light brown or olive color? I like the silver, but my shirt got stained on my first outing with it and it's pretty visible. You could do a play on the local sasquatch legends. Maybe a picture of sasquatch wearing hiking shoes and sunglasses, wearing a backpack. You could print Got Bigfoot? under it. Lol! The Backcountrypost logo could go on the sleeve. I'd buy it.:)

if you do synthetic again, please do something with more texture. the silky feel of the last shirt is not very pleasant.

i'd go for cotton personally, but i could go for synthetic. long sleeve would be cool too.

I'm 50/50 on synthetic or cotton. Have too many of both. I work outdoors in a railyard and could use more long sleeve shirts but It really doesn't matter to me. (I'm new here) I also was thinking about a funny design involving bigfoot or maybe a funny looking moose.

I'm digging the burnt orange idea. Also liking the giant bootprint with the BCP logo worked into the center of it. We need a graphic designer!

I'm not a fan of cotton shirts and usually use my synthetic shirts for lounging as well.
Usually I like long sleeve shirts, but I'm not sure if that will be the best option right now with having most of the summer ahead.

I like something like this but in burnt orange and with a custom BCP graphic.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-364683/pgid-507919

I have a couple of shirts like these and they are super comfy even when it gets hot. Most of the summer I am in the mountains where it is cool in the mornings and evenings. If my arms get hot L'll just pull the sleeves up and I'm good to go but most of the time my arms don't heat up in shirts like these. Long sleeves also help keep the sun off your arms as well as biting bugs. My $0.02

If it's burnt orange we want then this might be the one. It supposedly feels like a cotton shirt but it's totally synthetic and supposed to be very high quality. Only downer is that the long sleeve version isn't available in this color or any bright ones for that matter. If there's enough interest, I could still do a pre-order thing for long sleeves in a different color and still get them at the bulk price.

I'm getting a sample sent out for testing before committing to it.

Time to get working on the design I suppose...

31680_fl.jpeg

If it's burnt orange we want then this might be the one. It supposedly feels like a cotton shirt but it's totally synthetic and supposed to be very high quality. Only downer is that the long sleeve version isn't available in this color or any bright ones for that matter. If there's enough interest, I could still do a pre-order thing for long sleeves in a different color and still get them at the bulk price.

View attachment 3824

I really like it! I would be interested in doing the pre-order thing for a long sleeve version.

View attachment 3824

I like that color. I'm interested.

So I got the sample shirt today and I'm wearing it now. First impressions... most comfortable hiking shirt I've ever put on. Feels very cotton-like, not silky. Fit is amazing, now keep in mind, I'm a big guy so I'm often frustrated by athletic shirts. This one fits about the same as the previous but maybe a tiny bit roomier. The big difference is that it is a bit longer than average in the sleeves and overall length which I love. The collar on these is nice and small too which was my other complaint with the last round, at least in the larger sizes that I wear.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is the shade of orange. Now that I have it in person, it doesn't seem quite so burnt orange and seems more just orange. Not like full on hunter orange but still pretty vibrant. I'll get some input from others on that but overall I am beyond stoked about the shirt quality.