Another Utah Local

Tye Dye Twins

Caught the backpackin bug this year and took a few trips this year that I can't wait to share on here, as for other things that I do..............

I mostly backcountry ski these days.........
630622.JPG

626283.JPG

590632.JPG

But when the snow melts off the hills, I love being oudoors whether that be Deserts.............
673022.JPG

Fishing..............
803954.JPG

As well as ice fishing.............

or Martial Arts.........

I'll save the backpackin pics for my upcoming trip reports. Stay tuned!

Very nice. Utah is a great place to call adventure home. I'm not sure the title of your post is...uh...politically correct. Welcome to BCP and I can't wait for your trip reports.

Salud!

Nice trip! I'm a Californian, so what is a "U-tard"?

Nice pic with the fishing line. Looking forward to the reports.

Nice trip! I'm a Californian, so what is a "U-tard"?
It is a...ahem...term of endearment given to Utah locals. I hope it's not a cheap shot at the mental status of the residents, but...:rolleyes:

As another newbie here welcome indeed. If you ever do some backcountry skiing up here in the GYE you might want to check out Tom Turiano's "Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone." I haven't skied in years but love that book because in addition to great ski info it shows warm weather routes as well.

Friends I've got a bit of a problem with "Utard." As a term of endearment there's not much I can fault but we all know "retard" is generally a pejorative and with arguably the most hostile state government to Federal Public Lands designation/protection and with an overwhelming majority population who's religion is viewed as a cult by millions I'm guessing your term of endearment is more often used as a pejorative.. As the uncle of a young man with Downs I respect the developmentally disabled community's desire for people to not use "retard" AT ALL. Is it the same thing as the "N word?" I know probably not, but I still ask people to not use it out of respect to the folks in the developmentally disabled community. Please just think about it

Friends I've got a bit of a problem with "Utard." As a term of endearment there's not much I can fault but we all know "retard" is generally a pejorative and with arguably the most hostile state government to Federal Public Lands designation/protection and with an overwhelming majority population who's religion is viewed as a cult by millions I'm guessing your term of endearment is more often used as a pejorative.. As the uncle of a young man with Downs I respect the developmentally disabled community's desire for people to not use "retard" AT ALL. Is it the same thing as the "N word?" I know probably not, but I still ask people to not use it out of respect to the folks in the developmentally disabled community. Please just think about it
It would appear that it was taken too seriously, and wasn't taken in good fun. Thats too bad.

Wow, someone makes a simple, well intended request in the name of human decency and this is your response Tye Dye? What an incredible sadness. With all due respect Tye Dye I don't know how old you are or how indulged a life you've been able to lead but you'll have to forgive me for taking a pejorative offensive not only to ones I love but millions of others VERY SERIOUSLY.

Peace,

John

Wow, someone makes a simple, well intended request in the name of human decency and this is your response Tye Dye? What an incredible sadness. With all due respect Tye Dye I don't know how old you are or how indulged a life you've been able to lead but you'll have to forgive me for taking a pejorative offensive not only to ones I love but millions of others VERY SERIOUSLY.
Peace,
John
I think things are getting a little heated here. Let me start out by appologizing for offending you...that was never my intention. Hopefully we can move past this unintentional incident quickly and effectively.
-TDT

I appreciate that Tye Dye and so will the millions of others that take offense to it. This is all any of us could expect. Very good and gracious of you sir. Consider it passed. Thanks to all for not kicking the soap box out from under me,

John

Oh yeah, forgot. Tyedye although I don't fish other than to supplement backapcking/ horse packing food I also know a lot about fishing NW Wyoming. Family own a great guiding business but I'm happy to point good people like yourself in exquisite directions with no expectation of being paid at all.

Peace,

John
Friends, the most offensive thing I find on this thread is the condescension. What an incredible sadness.

Fair enough man, just don't make me go all TPA on you, k. I do take offense to family members and many others very seriously and well beyond that I don't back down . Whether used in a self depricating manner or not a pejorative is a pejorative. Can Beehivers use it as a term of endearment like other cultures? If you really want to, go ahead, as much as I don't appreciate it people on the Front Range are of course hoping you will. I've always liked Utahans, like folks from Idaho and Montana they keep NW Wyoming's tourist economy on life support from mid October to Thanksgiving and Easter to Mid May.

I do apologize to Tye Dye if I was too over the top for him in his ken. I thought my initial response was a relatively benign request for a challenged community's wishes. but if it came off over your top my apologies to you too.

Good to see you TJ. I hope your Sierra's were as beautiful as my Gros Ventre today.