Alpacka's new whitewater packraft

This boat has some really cool improvements. I'm not a whitewater kayaker, so it's not the right boat for me, but I love to see the improvements they've made. Improvements include:

400-denier Vectran fabric (increased stiffness and durbility)
Foot brace
heavy-duty seat
knee cups
back-band
inflatable hip pads

I imagine we'll see a lot of the improvements here trickle down to the packrafts. More durable materials, better seats, etc. I'm in the market for a packraft, but I'm afraid as soon as I buy one they'll come out with a new and improved version that's 2 lbs lighter for the same price...

not sure why they would choose to show off this pack raft being used in class V-VI rapids...no one would realistically do that anyway, let alone in a pack raft.
seems like they'd be better off showing it being used in more realistic situations that appeal to a broader market.
i like the idea of a tougher pack raft though. then you can hike into some backcountry and float out on a river.
i've got a crazy plan one of these years to fly from McCall, ID to the Chamberlain Basin Airfield in central Idaho, hike 30 miles to Mackay Bar then raft/kayak 45 mi. to Riggins, ID. This would be an option for that.

You'd be surprised what some guys take these through! It sounds like you can eskimo roll these. And at 10 lbs, they're not super lightweight for quick trips.

Cool raft! At 10 pounds is that pushing the title of "pack"raft?
Actually, scratch that. Im thinking 10 lbs on top of my typical 35 lb
pack isn't that outrageous.

If it can handle that kind of water and one is willing to carry the weight,
I guess there isn't anyplace you couldn't go . . . now that's awesome!

Cool raft! At 10 pounds is that pushing the title of "pack"raft?
Actually, scratch that. Im thinking 10 lbs on top of my typical 35 lb
pack isn't that outrageous.

If it can handle that kind of water and one is willing to carry the weight,
I guess there isn't anyplace you couldn't go . . . now that's awesome!
as a scout leader, i've had the wonderful opportunity of packing a scout's backpack along with my own for a while. and even taking a majority of their stuff...all this to make them stop crying and make the trip more enjoyable :)
so i guess i've been training for the pack raft moment!