ALERT..... 9/22/18... Windrivers mtns

Bob

Trailmaster
New fire has broken out on south end of the Winds. Big Sandy trailhead and surrounding area is being evacuated. Fast moving as red flag conditions. Roosevelt fire and Marten Creek fire are taking g off again. .pretty much the entire range is smoked out.

Pic is Roosevelt fire I am on and is current today.

Attachments

• IMG_20180921_152935713_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180921_152935713_HDR.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for the update, @Bob It looks like those fires are contained now in the Winds especially with the drop in temps. I wanted to do a week long trip there in the next few days. Does it look like that is feasible? Or would you advise against it?

Nope not contained....partially. That does not mean it's out. Still burning good interior and we are burning more line. Smoke is down from a few days ago... Temps by Daniels is 14 atnite 60 day. Marten fire is still putting out smoke as well. Smoke with D's are wind dependent...forecast today is wind blowing towards w of Pinedale. I'm sure will have smoke and have but probly some clear as well..... Once u. Lifetime trip I'd wait .... If your there slot probly ok..... Really out here a summer without smile is rare. Was snow in the wasakie and Teton wilderness already. Snow forcast here Sunday or Monday.

Hope that helps

Fires in Murdock basin and slate Creek near mirror lake road ... Burning towards mirror lake... 1500 ac