After any service, check settings

DAA

So, this is one of those lessons I just had to learn the hard way. Really, should have thought of it before it bit me, but I didn't. So, maybe if I mention it here, it might save one of you the same aggravation some time.

Took my 60D in to Pictureline for a sensor cleaning the other day.

Took it out an did some picture taking this morning. Got on some coyotes and thought I was getting some pretty decent stuff. Anxious to see what they looked like on the 'puter. Just imported the images into Lightroom and that is when I realized... The quality setting on my camera had been changed from RAW only, to lowest quality JPEG only.

Crap...

Live and learn I reckon!

- DAA

So, this is one of those lessons I just had to learn the hard way. Really, should have thought of it before it bit me, but I didn't. So, maybe if I mention it here, it might save one of you the same aggravation some time.

Took my 60D in to Pictureline for a sensor cleaning the other day.

Took it out an did some picture taking this morning. Got on some coyotes and thought I was getting some pretty decent stuff. Anxious to see what they looked like on the 'puter. Just imported the images into Lightroom and that is when I realized... The quality setting on my camera had been changed from RAW only, to lowest quality JPEG only.

Crap...

Live and learn I reckon!

- DAA

I can second that. I just had the same experience this week, and not only were my photos set to jpeg, but also to srgb and landscape had been switched off. That's what I've found so far, could be more!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
TrailScot New bus service to Moab and Blanding from SLC General Discussion 7
Mikjik86 Favorite location with no cell phone service General Discussion 56
balzaccom Customer Service Gear 2
DrNed Cell service in American Fork Canyon will be a reality by 2020 General Discussion 13
Jackson Forest Service App General Discussion 1
O Shuttle service for boaters in Grand Junction area? Trip Planning 2
pstm13 National Park Service and "Fake News" General Discussion 28
Bob West Yellowstone to get Jet Service from SLC General Discussion 0
ram Death Valley Service Projects General Discussion 0
balzaccom NPS=Bad Food Service General Discussion 38
IntrepidXJ BLM, National Park Service close public lands due to trespassing cattle dispute General Discussion 4
Go-deep Klymit customer service Gear 5
Bob Planning an Expedition type trip....... check this list out ..... Trip Planning 13
Rockskipper Yosemite Falls is flowing bigtime (for now) - check it out General Discussion 2
Perry 5.7 mag Earthquake in Salt Lake City Area - Check in Here to Let Us Know You're Okay General Discussion 44
Mikjik86 Introducing Myself! Check out my Backpacking videos! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Artemus First DSLR since film - sanity check Gear 30
T Noob check in Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Vegan.Hiker When to take a rain check? General Discussion 13
Bob Vandalism in Rome ........ Check this out, really stupid people General Discussion 3
blueeyes Check your PM'S Seldom Seen Anderson! General Discussion 11
A Upper Settings Trail - Uintas Trip Planning 8
DesertXJ Milky way photo settings Photography 61