Adidas buying 5.10

Tyler

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did anyone else see that Adidas has purchased 5.10 and working their way into the outdoor/climbing world? Normally when a smaller company sells out to a huge company like Adidas I'm pissed, but I'm personally excited for this because generally Germans make everything good. I've been wearing Adidas shoes for about 10 years as my "shoe of choice". I've worn their trail runners for years as my hikers. I've worn their basketball shoes for athletic stuff; I just love how they feel. I've tried other brands (Nike, etc.) and my toes always end up hurting at the end of the day. For some reason Adidas does it for me.

Anyway, I was up at the Adidas outlet in Park City last week and noticed these approach/boulder shoes. I'm going to have to give them a try.

Adidas Terrex Fast

You can view their full line of "outdoor" shoes here:

Adidas Outdoor

Adidas also has a shoe similar in idea to the 5.10 Canyoneer shoes, but I don't see it on their website. I think it's only available in Europe? Here is a link:

Adidas Hydro Pro

I was thinking about getting a pair of the Hydro Pro's but they're tough to find. I hear the Desert Rat in St. George is about the only place to pick them up around Utah. It will be interesting to see how FiveTen and Adidas end up coexisting or combining.

i'm always for more sticky rubber choices. it's been interesting to watch the canyoneering and watershoe markets grow so fast over the last couple of years.

Interesting. I just used 5.10's for the first time in the Narrows over the weekend. I was impressed with their performance, and was kind of thinking maybe I should buy a pair of my own. I wonder if Adidas purchasing them will have an impact on cost.

Interesting. I just used 5.10's for the first time in the Narrows over the weekend. I was impressed with their performance, and was kind of thinking maybe I should buy a pair of my own. I wonder if Adidas purchasing them will have an impact on cost.

For general hiking, go with the Five Ten Camp Four instead. They have the exact same rubber sole as the Canyoneers but are so much nicer to hike in. They're not technically amphibious, but I opted to hike in them for Fat Man's, Keyhole, Pine Creek and Mystery when we were in Zion, even though I had my canyoneers sitting there ready to go. They're 100x better to hike in so unless you're in prolonged freezing cold water and need neosocks, I think they're the shiz...

campfour.jpeg

For general hiking, go with the Five Ten Camp Four instead. They have the exact same rubber sole as the Canyoneers but are so much nicer to hike in. They're not technically amphibious, but I opted to hike in them for Fat Man's, Keyhole, Pine Creek and Mystery when we were in Zion, even though I had my canyoneers sitting there ready to go. They're 100x better to hike in so unless you're in prolonged freezing cold water and need neosocks, I think they're the shiz...

View attachment 5418

And they're prettier, too.:p