Adding Images to Posts

With the recent software upgrades on Backcountry Post, adding images to your posts and trip reports is easier than ever. You can upload your images directly, copy & paste them or hotlink to them on other websites. Watch the video below for more information on each method.

nice video. This covers how to start a trip report as well.

I know I have brought this up before, but a lot of my photos upload sideways. I have tried some recommended fixes, which for some reason don't work for me. I have tried different browsers, on my phone, and my folks computer instead of my laptop. Basically, I have just given up on trying to post trip reports haha I don't know what it would entail, but it would be amazing if there was a rotate option when you add the photo to the thread. I would vote "YES" for this change, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there in case any changes/updates were coming up. ;)

I know I have brought this up before, but a lot of my photos upload sideways. I have tried some recommended fixes, which for some reason don't work for me. I have tried different browsers, on my phone, and my folks computer instead of my laptop. Basically, I have just given up on trying to post trip reports haha I don't know what it would entail, but it would be amazing if there was a rotate option when you add the photo to the thread. I would vote "YES" for this change, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there in case any changes/updates were coming up. ;)
@Nick is the one with all the back end knowledge and know-how, so he may have more insight.

I have had similar issues with photos taken on a couple of my phones. One I had several years ago and one I had more recently. What works for me when it happens is batch editing all my photos before uploading them. I use a Mac, so I just import the ones I intend to use for a trip report to the Photos program, rotate them all 4 times on there, save, then export. The exported ones always come through rotated correctly.

There's just something about the way certain camera software creates image data that doesn't come out right when you upload images here.

@Nick is the one with all the back end knowledge and know-how, so he may have more insight.

I have had similar issues with photos taken on a couple of my phones. One I had several years ago and one I had more recently. What works for me when it happens is batch editing all my photos before uploading them. I use a Mac, so I just import the ones I intend to use for a trip report to the Photos program, rotate them all 4 times on there, save, then export. The exported ones always come through rotated correctly.

There's just something about the way certain camera software creates image data that doesn't come out right when you upload images here.
At first I thought it was just the selfies I was trying to upload, but last time I attempted a PCT trip report it started doing it to some of my Sony DSLR photos. I guess since I have nothing but time right now, I could upload them all, see which ones are the wrong direction, then try and edit them the way you recommend and then re-upload. Last time I just rotated it once, not all the way around to hopefully reset it.