A Good Article

A good article from a professor that I had at Utah State University 36 years ago. I thought some on this site might be interested in reading it.

My Yellowstone Mauling and Mountaintop Rescue
Wow! What a story. This caught my eye. “If we hope to slow and reverse the grizzly’s slide into extinction, change is essential in our cultural tradition of domination, hatred, and apathy.”
Stan Mills videos of wildlife in and around Yellowstone are fascinating.

Very interesting article @scatman - thank you for sharing. It's a traumatic event, inspiring to read how he coped with it.
I didn't know that Grizzly bears are trapped, drugged up and tagged so often. There is a saying: "treat others the way you want to be treated".
That's in essence what he says at the end.

wow, amazing. What a story, glad he is alive to tell the story.
Reminds me of my friend and co-worker who was the first person ever to fall into a fast-flowing lava river and lives to tell the story. He is now a living legend

Very interesting article @scatman - thank you for sharing. It's a traumatic event, inspiring to read how he coped with it.
I didn't know that Grizzly bears are trapped, drugged up and tagged so often. There is a saying: "treat others the way you want to be treated".
That's in essence what he says at the end.

Speaking of being trapped, my daughter and I ran into a Grizzly Bear trapping operation on one of our day hikes on our canoe trip.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wsp_scott Article: Trapped in the Winds General Discussion 2
scatman Another Interesting Article General Discussion 6
scatman Good Article General Discussion 8
BobFink Recreation.Gov article in Wall Street Journal General Discussion 12
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 5
scatman A Good Article General Discussion 8
Rockskipper Interesting article about dark sky parks General Discussion 12
scatman Article that brings back memories. General Discussion 10
wsp_scott NYTimes article: Guess the spot saves someone's life General Discussion 1
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 27
Rockskipper Earthquakes in Sawtooths Changing Things (Article) General Discussion 3
wsp_scott Interesting article about a wolf General Discussion 0
Rockskipper The Bees! Interesting article about a Canadian woman who decided to hike instead of dying General Discussion 3
fossana NY Times article on lead ammunition General Discussion 12
wsp_scott Article: Crisis in our national parks General Discussion 96
ramblinman Food Fight: Article in the New Yorker about the Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, UT General Discussion 7
isleroyaleguy Grizzlies in Wyoming article. General Discussion 6
Vegan.Hiker Great article about a fellow adventure seeker General Discussion 4
Laura Interesting article about wilderness General Discussion 17
NateGeesaman Nick's photo in a BBC travel article General Discussion 2
FourisTheNewOne Vermillion Cliffs - NatGeo article General Discussion 0