A Good Article

"The Canyon rim is only a short walk from his winterkeeper's residence."

Sounds like a super sweet setup, I'd be up for a winter or two, but as much as I like alone time, I'm not sure I could do it for all the years he has done.

Daughter worked in Yellowstone one winter.... She loved it. We were lucky enough to get to go in via snow coach and stay for a week. Best was we only had to pay for food. Was really neat.

Thanks for sharing that. I can relate to the snow clearing part, from the several weeks each winter that we look after a backcountry ski lodge, but not the complete isolation.

Great to read this. We're very excited for our February trip there - staying at the yurt camp in the canyon area, close to where he lives. I'd love to meet him! (But will he be excited to meet us? Doubt it!)

Great to read this. We're very excited for our February trip there - staying at the yurt camp in the canyon area, close to where he lives. I'd love to meet him! (But will he be excited to meet us? Doubt it!)
Please take lots of photos and post a trip report

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wsp_scott Article: Trapped in the Winds General Discussion 2
scatman Another Interesting Article General Discussion 6
scatman Good Article General Discussion 8
BobFink Recreation.Gov article in Wall Street Journal General Discussion 12
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 5
Rockskipper Interesting article about dark sky parks General Discussion 12
scatman Article that brings back memories. General Discussion 10
wsp_scott NYTimes article: Guess the spot saves someone's life General Discussion 1
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 27
Rockskipper Earthquakes in Sawtooths Changing Things (Article) General Discussion 3
wsp_scott Interesting article about a wolf General Discussion 0
scatman A Good Article General Discussion 8
Rockskipper The Bees! Interesting article about a Canadian woman who decided to hike instead of dying General Discussion 3
fossana NY Times article on lead ammunition General Discussion 12
wsp_scott Article: Crisis in our national parks General Discussion 96
ramblinman Food Fight: Article in the New Yorker about the Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, UT General Discussion 7
isleroyaleguy Grizzlies in Wyoming article. General Discussion 6
Vegan.Hiker Great article about a fellow adventure seeker General Discussion 4
Laura Interesting article about wilderness General Discussion 17
NateGeesaman Nick's photo in a BBC travel article General Discussion 2
FourisTheNewOne Vermillion Cliffs - NatGeo article General Discussion 0