2026 Flooding - Phipps Cyn or Wolverine Cyn Conditions?

Balsam

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2023
Messages
19
Hello All and thanks for excellent input on the class 4 slot. What a great resource! Does anyone have information (or educated guesses) on conditions in Phipps Canyon (dropping of Spencer Flat Road down to the Escalante) and/or Wolverine Canyon after the September 2026 flooding? Or nearby canyons for reference.

I'm wondering about difficulty of travel through these normally doable areas.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I was out in the Little Death Hollow area this weekend for some canyoneering. The road out there has a few washed-out areas, but nothing an HC2WD vehicle couldn't handle. I hiked down Little Death Hollow for a ways (about halfway between the TH and the Escalante). Seems like everything flooded. The wash walking was firm enough that there weren't any issues, but in the tight slots I did find some quicksand. I hope this helps.
 
Back
Top