2020-2021 Snowpack

Normally I'd say send some of that my way, but Utah and Colorado need it too much. Good deal!!

Good for you that are down south that will reap the benefits of this storm. It looks like you need it badly. We up here in Wyoming will be missing this storm.

But here in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, thanks to the snow we received in February, we here are right about normal. The last few days and the forecast is calling for continued nice weather which means the snow will continue to melt in town. Maybe an early spring here then. But a normal snowpack up high. Heard that at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort at Teton Village ... That they have received like 472 inches of snow this winter. Most of this came after all those constant storms in February.

Last edited:
Grand Targhee says they average 500"/year. That's over 40 feet! They say they've had 419"so far this year. I assume that means since Jan. 1.

Grand Targhee says they average 500"/year. That's over 40 feet! They say they've had 419"so far this year. I assume that means since Jan. 1.
Would be ski year.... BUT .. don't believe ski resort totals, they are skewed...

and by "skewed", Bob means "almost completely imaginary" :)
Lol...... could be. Worked at Snowbasin 1999 thru 2002 for the Olympics..... I saw where the snowstick was, and I saw how much snow was really there.

The SW UT storm totals have so far exceeded the NWS forecast for our town at least. This is at ~3800' (after an interim day of melting), and it's still coming down. Hoping this means the Pine Valley Mountains and Zion backcountry are likewise seeing the same pattern.

20210313_092835 (1).jpg

The SW UT storm totals have so far exceeded the NWS forecast for our town at least. This is at ~3800' (after an interim day of melting), and it's still coming down. Hoping this means the Pine Valley Mountains and Zion backcountry are likewise seeing the same pattern.

View attachment 96752

Yay, keep us posted @fossana ! Hopefully this means some potholes will fill in the backcountry. I am really curious about water availability on longer trips this spring.
John

We got a big amount of snow in Wayne County yesterday (specifically in Torrey and around that general area). More snow than we'd gotten all winter. I believe it was around 14", from what some friends posted. I don't think we'd gotten that much at once for about five years or more. Really great that we got it! Boulder Mountain and the Henrys all look more packed in with snow than they did the day before yesterday. Very excellent.

4-6 inches of snow on the West Rim 2 days ago and since then it was coming down pretty hard each day. So I guess all the Zion backcountry got another good amount of snow.
Even Hurricane, which is low in elevation, received 2 inches this morning

West%20Rim%20Scenery%20copy-XL.jpg

Last edited:
This is Great hearing of all the snow the southwest is getting. Now that country has needed it sooooo badly. I have a friend in Flagstaff and he was sending me photos of all the snow that they there were receiving. He said last night maybe a foot of snow had fallen there. Hope you receive more. Thanks everyone for your reports.

This is Great hearing of all the snow the southwest is getting. Now that country has needed it sooooo badly. I have a friend in Flagstaff and he was sending me photos of all the snow that they there were receiving. He said last night maybe a foot of snow had fallen there. Hope you receive more. Thanks everyone for your reports.
it was so needed, we had literally no precipitation all winter long. If we really luck out we'll get another storm Monday into Tuesday

45 and melting today....... my snow stick is at 3 1/2 feet. Got most of the solar panels cleared finally..

Now my friend in Flagstaff has told me, with sending a photo, that even Tucson in Southern Az. has received snow because of this storm. This is March and it is a rarity for Tucson to ever receive any snow.

Now here in Jackson Hole ...It has been sunny all day with at times some passing clouds, but a nice day with up into the mid 40s. There has at times been a strong wind blowing. But the weather maps show snow to the east and south of us. My friend in Flagstaff said it only got up to near 30 there today and it is snowing there currently also.

Do Take Care all of you impacted by this storm. Wishing You The Best!

wow!!! just today we were at about this elevation in the southern Waterpocket Fold area. had been there since weds and had a ton of mixed spring weather but happily no big snow dumps like this.

Posted one hour ago (around 3 p.m.) by the Grand Junction CO weather service on their FB page:

Here's a look at preliminary snowfall totals so far with the ongoing Winter Storm. The winner so far has been the Eastern Uinta Mountains with SNOTELs estimating 15 to 25 inches has fallen with the Hitckerson Park SNOTEL site reporting up to 40 inches!