10 days Backpacking Femundsmarka National Park and Rogen Nature Reserve, Norway and Sweden

norwegianxplorer

Norwegian Xplorer
Can you spot the tiny reindeer kid? This is the video for the 10 day Femundsmarka NP and Rogen backpacking trip in Norway and Sweden, the first real backpacking video from the 25 episode "Grand Scandinavian Hiking & Backpacking Tour 2021". I am so excited to finally show the world this amazing summer of backpacking. I had a couple of herds of reindeer visit in my camp and they started fighting over food right by my tent…quite the experience! An epic 10 day trip and the start of the best summer of my life!

Well done and beautiful video. I'm jealous that you got to spend so much time in the close vicinity of the reindeer.

Thank you Hugh! That was a wonderful experience, It was actually the first time in my life I had a close encounter with reindeer and I felt so lucky I was able to capture it on film

This episode was great. looking forward to more.
The walking across the is it Taiga or Tundra, I am no expert, but either way, the walking along that with the little streams, green, rocks, mosquitoes and reindeer to isolated lakes looks really nice.
Dang fish, stealing your lure. but nice campsite on the lake at the end.

I loved this! Such beautiful scenery throughout, and I was really drawn to the gorgeous lake reflections. The reindeer were spectacular - Ioved seeing the huge herd, the tiny baby, the munching next to your tent (why couldn't they have just moved over a little bit so as to avoid fighting???). Wonderful!

I loved this! Such beautiful scenery throughout, and I was really drawn to the gorgeous lake reflections. The reindeer were spectacular - Ioved seeing the huge herd, the tiny baby, the munching next to your tent (why couldn't they have just moved over a little bit so as to avoid fighting???). Wonderful!
Thank you, I believe there is something in the ground right there that they really want, it was an amazing experience to have for sure, never had reindeer this close before:)

This episode was great. looking forward to more.
The walking across the is it Taiga or Tundra, I am no expert, but either way, the walking along that with the little streams, green, rocks, mosquitoes and reindeer to isolated lakes looks really nice.
Dang fish, stealing your lure. but nice campsite on the lake at the end.
Thank you, it is a really magic calming place to backpack, and it gets better as the trip continues, in the next episode I go into Sweden for a few day which was also awesome, and then I end up cowboy camping in the midnight sun on the last night of the trip.

Thank you, I believe there is something in the ground right there that they really want, it was an amazing experience to have for sure, never had reindeer this close before:)
Perhaps the reindeer really wanted the salt from an Xplorer's pee? I like how rough and real the reindeer look--usually we see cartoons or footage of them on farms with perfect fur.
I was planning to do late summer backpacking in northern Scandinavia during the "Before Times", so I'll watch all these upcoming videos to help choose some favorite areas for next year. The most famous trip seems to be Kungsleden, but it just seems crowded and not as exciting as what I'm hoping to find in this series. Have you done that trail? And is it really true that in all Scandinavian countries you can camp on any land (even private) as long as you're a certain distance from structures? There's some specific local word for that basic right that I can't think of.

Perhaps the reindeer really wanted the salt from an Xplorer's pee? I like how rough and real the reindeer look--usually we see cartoons or footage of them on farms with perfect fur.
I was planning to do late summer backpacking in northern Scandinavia during the "Before Times", so I'll watch all these upcoming videos to help choose some favorite areas for next year. The most famous trip seems to be Kungsleden, but it just seems crowded and not as exciting as what I'm hoping to find in this series. Have you done that trail? And is it really true that in all Scandinavian countries you can camp on any land (even private) as long as you're a certain distance from structures? There's some specific local word for that basic right that I can't think of.
I was thinking the same thing, but I dont think I peeded this close to my tent, I might have done so in the middle of the night though! We have an arrangement in both Norway and Sweden called "Allemansretten", directly translated it would mean "The right for all man", we like to translate it into "The right to roam". There are a few limitations in regards to camping on developed farmland, but apart from that you are allowed to camp 150m/150yards from structures, A few counties made some limitations to this rule in high season though in areas that got overrun with tourists. For backpacking you can go anywhere and camp without any permits. I wouldnt recommend Kungsleden itself, it is overcrowded and there are better alternatives for experienced backpackers, but it is prob the only real through hike up here and I am sure its a great experience. I walk a few days on the Kungsleden trail in my Sarek videos that will be out later in the series, I saw some great places this summer so I am sure you will get some cool ideas!