Website

Any updates on this?

And last... We'll be launching a new feature of BCP soon called the Backcountrypost Member Network that may be of interest to you. Short explanation; we'll have a section here at BCP with a listing of member-run outdoors sites/blogs for people to go check out and those sites will display a little mini-banner on their site linking back to BCP. The interlinking is great for everyone's SEO and I'm pretty sure people perusing backcountrypost would benefit from a 'directory' of similar outdoors sites to check out. lostlandscapes was our test site for the new system, check it out at www.timothypluta.com. Notice the tiny BCP Member Network logo in the bottom right hand corner of his site.

What are you using for a backend now? I think wordpress is the way to go for a personal site. It's always up to date and has the most options as far as styling and plug-in functionality. Hell, I do websites for a living and every one of the commercial sites I run are wordpress-based. It's powerful stuff.
I was just reading through this old thread and wanted to say that your site rocks. I've been looking for something like this for a while. Most other options charge money or just kinda suck. Well done Nick.

I have a non hiking website, and I use Host Gator. Its been working pretty good for me. I am pretty small right now though only averaging 150 or so visitors a day.

I am getting into running my own server and working on a Linux box. I just picked up a server for $250. I use Pair Network for my sites and it works fine. However, I don't like paying for the service and want a new challenge.

What are you using for a backend now? I think wordpress is the way to go for a personal site. It's always up to date and has the most options as far as styling and plug-in functionality. Hell, I do websites for a living and every one of the commercial sites I run are wordpress-based. It's powerful stuff.

This is a great option. I actually prefer the flexibility of Rapid Serve (on a Mac) but find myself slowly transitioning to Wordpress (along with everyone else it seems).

I really like the ability to edit-/revise Wordpress sites remotely using PC or Mobile.

W.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

I taught myself HTML before it had a version number after it. Which explains why my site is so basic. I'm using a Mac program called Shutterbug to post my reports and pictures.

I use Rapid Weaver on a Mac and like it a lot. I agree with Nick though. Today I would lean toward Wordpress.

W.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.