Album Weather, Storms and Clouds

Hawai'i rarely gets any thunderstorms, because the ocean is not a great conductor of solar heat up. But when we get thunderstorms, they are usually wild and violent. I used a little break between torrential rain to snap this shot in my backyard.

i-NrRf44W-XL.jpg

Hawai'i rarely gets any thunderstorms, because the ocean is not a great conductor of solar heat up. But when we get thunderstorms, they are usually wild and violent. I used a little break between torrential rain to snap this shot in my backyard.

i-NrRf44W-XL.jpg

Beautiful shot Yvonne

These were taken from near the Lost Burro Mine in Death Valley National Park last weekend. I'd slept all night down in the fog and got soaked, but climbed up to the mine before sunrise. It was beautiful up there.

Hidden Valley filled with fog
T_fCCD9eyVkiia7tveedkgwY8VqIG_FKt1j_F4UqL5Gjcy6HIPXX5lvwKMY-w6JqbE9Eyp1byUkuhkJv_g=s800

Ubehebe Peak peeking out of the fog
p3Mo-bZ0K9oPTbH2gnsCqXp5Gv0QhFLxmCpzJXf7ccc2csI0WXI9-gmI56rGDRYHi3WvvijhGLXnOZXHKQ=s800

Foggy ridge above Racetrack Valley
cuyBO4yhmB0xgwzyAhzDyU4h-977F68g3Y6QCHZWyO8HeXxnnbu3uZSInln2ls1Wr4MLp8U0FRtAOaZb5g=s800

Just going through some older photos and found this from a few summer's ago. Was scrambling up a peak with some friends when this storm started blowing in. This was taken right at the Highland Mountain lookout viewing to the Southwest.

Highland Mountains Storm.jpg

Back