Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

How about Yatahey? J/k

Actually, I like to give my dogs human names, like Joey or Buddy. Not very original, though.

Yatahey! I like it. Although it would be hard to scream Yatahey? J/K out the door when you are trying to get 'em to come in. It has to be two or more syllables for screaming effect and carrying capability over the wind. I used to have a horse we named Nizhoni, the handsome one. The rez rescue theme, have to pursue it....

For us, no human tities are allowed, to reduce the anthropomorphization effect, I suppose.

@Artemus!!! Congrats on the new family member. New boy looks like he has a loving playful attitude. I can't wait to walk with him, but perhaps we'll ski with him first! I'm sure he and Mya will get along great.

I love seeing everyone's fur babies! I am a little jealous, because my Hugo tolerates walking and hiking, and HATES camping. I guess I started him too late in life. He is still my faithful companion who sends me good thoughts when I go backpacking. HeheSly Park Waterfall BW.jpg Stance-2.jpg

ahyYn7AXhZ-1200x1200.png

Hope & scooter in buckskin gulch over the christmas break. We didn't have any luck with walk-in wave permits(damn all these tourists), but still had fun exploring surrounding areas.

Skied North Woods in the La Sal's today. Probably 40 mph winds at tree line. First pic near the top, second one after getting down to the skin out.

IMG_1389

Untitled
I love that dog. So great that he chose you as companions!

And how did you get him to wear those goggles although it is not clear that he does? In the second picture is he posed? Luna soundly rejected her aviator's goggles as not photogenic or whatever...

Skied North Woods in the La Sal's today. Probably 40 mph winds at tree line. First pic near the top, second one after getting down to the skin out.

38700588890_3533aed6d0_b.jpg
Untitled

I feel like your dog is shooting an epic movie in this picture! Absolutely powerful! I love it!

Last edited:
Luna

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6767.jpg

Milo getting ready to terrorize prairie dogs, horses, bikers, runners, other dogs, and snakes

Next dog - a big dumb friendly Lab (though hopefully Milo lives forever)

93E2FD03-B630-4FAA-8406-E3CEB91495BA.jpeg

Back