Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

Heeeeeeere's Dottie! I just picked her up from American Brittany Rescue this evening. She came from somewhere in Colorado and was given up by her previous owner because of new living arrangements involving small kids, which she apparently doesn't do well with. Dottie is a Brittany Spaniel and nearly three years old. She's currently trying to find her place among the Torrey/Boulder pack.

Heeeeeeere's Dottie! I just picked her up from American Brittany Rescue this evening. She came from somewhere in Colorado and was given up by her previous owner because of new living arrangements involving small kids, which she apparently doesn't do well with. Dottie is a Brittany Spaniel and nearly three years old. She's currently trying to find her place among the Torrey/Boulder pack.

Great dogs!
P.S. if it matters you’re sharing your phone number

Hi Dottie !! I hope you are learning to like to hike. With Dennis I suspect you already learned!

I'm just waiting for the addition of Grover, Teasdale, and Bicknell!
I actually compiled a list and the entire family voted on it (with votes in parentheses):

Aspen (b)
Sage (t)
Juniper (b) (t)
Roan (t) (m) (d)
Mojave
Cima (m) (b)
Granite (m)
Carmel (d)
Cedar (t)
Moody
Prairie
Loa (b) (t) (d)
Terza (Flat, Awapa Plateau)
Birch
Riddle (Flat, Boulder Mountain) (m)
Pine
Autumn (b)

Roan almost won out, but my vote was the tie-breaker and I preferred Loa over Roan (especially after reading about the origin of the name Loa in Allen's CCPN). And as much as I like the town of Panguitch, it was never really in the running. But I'm maxed out on the legally-allowed number of dogs in Price...which is one of the reasons we got Loa--I don't think Torrey will be around much longer and we wanted to introduce Loa before that happened. :cry:

48919374981_eeb56adab8_6k.jpg

48919581502_7608a60861_6k.jpg

This is Rowdy who's not a dog but thinks he is. Any time the dogs start barking he runs to join in and see what's coming down. The dogs are afraid of him because he'll walk over and bite them if he feels like it. He also bites me when I walk by him if he's in the mood. He was a rescue at 2 months old when he was run over by his owner who left him to die and I took him to the vet. Maybe that's why he has such an attitude. No good deed goes unpunished is his motto.

4E7A0407 copy.jpg

This is Rowdy who's not a dog but thinks he is. Any time the dogs start barking he runs to join in and see what's coming down. The dogs are afraid of him because he'll walk over and bite them if he feels like it. He also bites me when I walk by him if he's in the mood. He was a rescue at 2 months old when he was run over by his owner who left him to die and I took him to the vet. Maybe that's why he has such an attitude. No good deed goes unpunished is his motto.

View attachment 85401

he has catitude!! But I love that. My cats always were like him

IMG_20200419_100601.jpg
This is Penny, and we've had her for almost a year now. I can't remember if I've posted her picture here before. She's a big fan of hikes, and I'm hoping to get her out backpacking for the first time this year. Just have to learn to trust her more off leash.

Back