Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

Rowdy loves Youtube. He comes and sits by me when he wants to watch one. He likes the mice ones best, but we'll have to try the one you posted. I find them very soothing. :)

Friend @Nanda's dog, Scooter, wondering whether Nanda would rise, Phoenix-like, from the ashes in the middle of our circumambulation of Temple Mountain during this year's BackcountryFest. I forgot to warn Nanda and Scooter that @scatman would be wearing his kilt on this day's hike. We all know, but he did not, how electric and motivated Hugh can get when he has that on. Ultimately, worry not. They both rose to accompany us out of the backcountry no harm, no foul. As an aside, Nanda just happened to put on his new backcountry shoes for this hike. They were 1/2 worn out by the time we were done. Another pic from earlier in the day posted here.

publishSmWr-1-5.jpg

Last edited:
We've had three great dogs over the past few years, all pretty good hiking companions. Sadly all have passed on ... and it was so hard to lose them. But things happen and we inherited our granddaughter's cat Olaf. I apologize for not posting a dog photo ... :)
20190202_111006.jpg

We've had three great dogs over the past few years, all pretty good hiking companions. Sadly all have passed on ... and it was so hard to lose them. But things happen and we inherited our granddaughter's cat Olaf. I apologize for not posting a dog photo ... :)
View attachment 77475

I like cats. We're working on getting our youngest into being outdoors. Maybe even take her camping if things go well. The cat haters are going to love what we've done to the dogs thread! :lol:
IMG_4205.jpeg

We have the cat but we still get our "dog fix" from our son's family (and that's our granddaughter who gave us Olaf).
56770589_2328437410552896_5285508757298610176_n.jpg
The three dogs are Dexter (in the back), Mikki (left), and Deena (right). All are shelter rescues.

@Nick, check out the Abo cat tent on Amazon.

I've traveled and camped with cats for years. I see more and more people with them, but usually more in campers and RVs, but I've even tent camped with mine. My cats all walk on leashes and can be tied to long leads for stakeouts (when they pretend to rob banks). I didn't intend to get three cats, but they somehow found me (one at the shelter in Logan and two were abandoned at a cabin I was staying at for a few days near Sleepy Cat Peak in Colorado, appropriately enough). Be sure your cats are microchipped and have collars with IDs.

@kwc what a fantastic looking bunch! Love the dogs!
@Perry great article!

Now wait a minute youse guys, AS OP I call cat! Start your own thread ;) (and no, I don't hate cats!)

I guess, in retrospect, I am surprised that we got to page 37 of the Dogs of Backcountrypost.com thread to start leaking cats.. Prolly because I let all those dogs-not-in-the-backcountry leak in... ~ the OP mafia...

Now wait a minute youse guys, AS OP I call cat! Start your own thread ;) (and no, I don't hate cats!)

I guess, in retrospect, I am surprised that we got to page 37 of the Dogs of Backcountrypost.com thread to start leaking cats.. Prolly because I let all those dogs-not-in-the-backcountry leak in... ~ the OP mafia...

Dogs need cats. They fulfill them. :)

Back