Album Snow and Winter Shots

A good snow day. Clearing night skies recycled the snow for a fine day in the mountains. Central Cascades/Alpine Lakes Wilderness

Jim Hill right
by John Morrow, on Flickr

Tommy

Chiwaukums in clouds

Rock-Howard-Mastiff
Looks incredible. Love the snow covering on those trees. These shots are killing me. Our snowpack isn't as bad as Salt Lake's or anything, but it leaves a lot to be desired when compared with the PNW.

Looks incredible. Love the snow covering on those trees. These shots are killing me. Our snowpack isn't as bad as Salt Lake's or anything, but it leaves a lot to be desired when compared with the PNW.

Thanks Stray Dog.
Jackson, it is all coming to a halt for a while, though. We're looking at an "atmospheric river" of warm Pacific air. 4 to 6 inches of rain (not snow!) at as high an elevation as near/above treeline.

Thanks Stray Dog.
Jackson, it is all coming to a halt for a while, though. We're looking at an "atmospheric river" of warm Pacific air. 4 to 6 inches of rain (not snow!) at as high an elevation as near/above treeline.
Holy cow that is a ton of rain, and very high up too. Wow. Imagine if that had come down as the snow equivalent instead.

Yellowstone!!

ghost%20trees%202%20copy-XL.jpg

ghost%20trees%203%20copy-XL.jpg

But overall not much snow, in fact I've never seen so little snow in all my winter trips to the park

Back