Re-introduction

Vegan.Hiker

Hi everyone,

I used to be a pretty active member on BCP back in the day. 9 years ago (in 2014) I joined BCP for some help trip planning for a trip to hike in the Wasatch. I fell in love with the site and never meant to detach from it, but you all know how life can get busy (family, career, etc). I can't believe how much time has passed. It seems like yesterday I was posting trip reports up here.

Well for those who don't know me, I'm from the northeast (New Jersey) and mostly backpack and canoe camp in the Adirondacks and Catskills of NY and the White Mountains in NH, but travel around the country (and into Canada) as much as I can to get out and get my bag nights in. I'll be backpacking in the Beartooths this August with a few guys who I met on here many moons ago (not sure if they are still on here) and I'll be returning to Utah in September with my wife (I could use some help from the members here on that one and will start a thread in the Trip Planning forum).

If there is anyone out there that does remember me, I'm glad to be back and look forward to picking up where I left off. I'm still getting out there and hit my 30 night bag night goal last year (finally) with the help of loading up the canoe for more trips and doing a lot of hot tenting through much of the winter. My goals for this year are different and I look forward to reading about what everyone else is up to and gathering some good words of wisdom for when I come out to your neck of the woods.

John

Welcome back
You were one of the few east coast people when I joined up

Welcome back, John! I had missed seeing you around here. Looking forward to hearing more about the trips you're up to.