Maple-Sage Beef Jerky

So I finally picked up a Norco dehydrator and have a batch of maple sage jerky marinating in the fridge now.. I will put it on in the morning and we will see how this turns out. I added a little cayenne pepper because I like the spice ;)

A bit of advice.... (Probably common sense). :lol: Don't take it into work...

Just loaded my dehydrator up for the day. I doubled the recipe this time and used 4.2 lbs of top round sliced around 1/4-3/8". Perfect amount for my dehydrator (4 trays).

Just loaded my dehydrator up for the day. I doubled the recipe this time and used 4.2 lbs of top round sliced around 1/4-3/8". Perfect amount for my dehydrator (4 trays).
HAHA.. mine was loaded at 7:30 this morning... only 2 trays of thick stuff (1/4-3/8).. 2.1 LBS.. now to see how long this will take.

I started eating mine about an hour ago... this is not going to last as long as I would have hoped...

I've got 3.5 lbs of meet on the dehydrator tonight. Used this recipe but forgot to add the Siracha!! I'm so pissed.

I've got 3.5 lbs of meet on the dehydrator tonight. Used this recipe but forgot to add the Siracha!! I'm so pissed.

I bet you won't be pissed when it's done. Throw a little extra pepper in it right now if you want a little extra kick. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done the Siracha, the kick it gives is so much nicer than pepper IMHO... I have been doing a bunch of Chicken Jerky (mostly because we eat chicken at about 99/1 beef around here) the Maple sage is not good on it for those interested :)

Nom.. just made some Chicken Lime spice jerky.. very yummy
1/2 C soy sauce
tbsp Ginger
2 tbsp Siracha (more if you really want a bite)
3 tbsp lime juice
tbsp garlic
2.5 lbs chicken boob sliced about 1/4 inch thick

Yeah, I don't know why Chicken Jerky scares me more than regular beef jerky, but I guess it's all the same.

Chicken jerky, eh? Might have to give that a try. You should bring some on the Trachyte trip!
oh I will be bringing some.. probobly going non cook on Trachyte.. dried fruits, meat, Nuts and candybars :)

oh I will be bringing some.. probobly going non cook on Trachyte.. dried fruits, meat, Nuts and candybars :)

Ditto. I haven't done a stove the last two trips and haven't missed it. I have had people nice enough to cook me up 2 cups of water each morning though. Good thing we've got Nate coming to cook us some water! :lol:

Ditto. I haven't done a stove the last two trips and haven't missed it. I have had people nice enough to cook me up 2 cups of water each morning though. Good thing we've got Nate coming to cook us some water! :lol:
YAY coffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!