Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Not Cascade, but you're in the right range. Still pretty far away though. :)
guess I should have looked closer at the reservoir in the background, it's Pineview then

not sure why I had the S Wasatch in mind, I imagine cause the populated valley makes it obvious which range this is and it's clearly not the central part

guess I should have looked closer at the reservoir in the background, it's Pineview then

not sure why I had the S Wasatch in mind, I imagine cause the populated valley makes it obvious which range this is and it's clearly not the central part
I honestly didn't even notice the reservoir in the background so it took me a minute to verify, but yeah, that's Pineview near the upper-left. This was taken on Willard Peak looking toward Ben Lomond Peak. Willard would probably be my favorite peak in the Wasatch so far if the drive there didn't suck so badly. The hike is short, scenic, and I didn't see anyone on the trail while I was there.

It's all yours, @regehr.

I honestly didn't even notice the reservoir in the background so it took me a minute to verify, but yeah, that's Pineview near the upper-left.
it was a great clue that I totally ignored :). I'll look for a pic a bit later!

ok let's try this one... I only know of one massive white landslide scar that looks like this, what peak is it beneath? (it's the triangle-shaped light patch in the upper middle of the photo)

2021-06-12 11.58.28.jpg

this peak is not climbed very often and doesn't have any established trails, but it's a local high point of sorts

I've not had any luck flying over the area in GE. Any clues to the direction you're looking?
Seems to be Northish or Southish, depending on the time of day, from what I can gather from the limited shadows.

I've not had any luck flying over the area in GE. Any clues to the direction you're looking?
Seems to be Northish or Southish, depending on the time of day, from what I can gather from the limited shadows.
Yes, looking north. Landslide scar is fairly vertical so may not show up well in the aerial imagery. Not sure what other clues to give without giving it away, but this is a very prominent visual feature in the central Wasatch.

Back