Guess the spot: Utah Edition

I was thinking of a Rock Canyon up near Provo, though I've never been.

So if that is the Rock Canyon you were thinking that I was thinking of ( ), and this is south of that, what about The Box/Pine creek. The fall colors and the desert varnish are now giving me this higher elevation Colorado plateau vibe.
The rock canyon I was talking about is a drainage into Parunaweap Canyon. So the canyon in my photo is south of there.

The rock canyon I was talking about is a drainage into Parunaweap Canyon. So the canyon in my photo is south of there.

Got it...Rock Canyon was a good guess cause the rock layering is likely the same. I remember now. I camped above the photo point, I believe. Squirrel Creek?
Has anyone explored the wilderness in the south distance? I really want to get up in there.

Got it...Rock Canyon was a good guess cause the rock layering is likely the same. I remember now. I camped above the photo point, I believe. Squirrel Creek?
Has anyone explored the wilderness in the south distance? I really want to get up in there.
Yeah it is Squirrel Creek. Take it away
Like you, I haven't been up in that area in the south yet either but need to get up there sometime.

Yeah it is Squirrel Creek. Take it away
Like you, I haven't been up in that area in the south yet either but need to get up there sometime.
Squirrel peak on the right is a fun little scramble but I haven't seen much beta on the mountains south of there either

If anyone wants to take it, go for it. I may not be able to get a unique image posted today.

It has a most appropriate name but is not referenced on any maps. I know, at least, one person on here who has been to it or very close by.
I do not know the name.... but It was right about where I thought it was and I think I found the spot on google maps. That outcropping is just south Roof Peak. That is an area I've wanted to get out to for awhile now and I've actually looked at that exact overlook spot a couple time on google maps that I imagine you are standing on. I am curious about the name though.

1654701420051.png

Back