Guess the spot: Utah Edition

I am pretty sure you are looking south across Parunaweap/The Barracks as the white cliffs with a bit of red are pretty distinctive, but the peak's name. No idea. Means you could be standing on any number of peaks or ridges on the east side.

Ah, I knew that wasn't the exact view from by Checkerboard, but that makes sense.

Alright, let's try this one. A morning shot. If there needs to be a hint, I will give a different angle.
Memorial Day Romp 5-20190840-recipe.jpg

Here is a hint, before I show a different angle.
This is not an ephemeral flow and thus not a tank. I almost fell on the wet sandstone taking this.

This is not an ephemeral flow and thus not a tank. I almost fell on the wet sandstone taking this.
Its the pool above upper Calf Creek falls

Never been there, but that has to be the Kolob District of Zion in the background, so red and boxy, no? With a big foreground valley pointing that way. I'll go with Big Point, but I don't think I am right. Nothing lines quite right with the topo. Pine Valley Mountains in general I have some confidence in.

I think @John Morrow you're a little too far west.

Along Black Ridge? if you look to your left you see I-15.
It looks more gray on top than it does from below.

I think @John Morrow you're a little too far west.

Along Black Ridge? if you look to your left you see I-15.
It looks more gray on top than it does from below.
Oh, that makes much more sense. The long valley was a confusing feature for me, so it's LaVerkin Cr, huh? The side drainage draining toward the photographer and into LaVerkin is distinguishable. Anderson BM, then? Wherever it is, I wanna go. Unless it's a local's thing, I can't see it being popular. Love the limestone

Oh, that makes much more sense. The long valley was a confusing feature for me, so it's LaVerkin Cr, huh? The side drainage draining toward the photographer and into LaVerkin is distinguishable. Anderson BM, then? Wherever it is, I wanna go. Unless it's a local's thing, I can't see it being popular. Love the limestone

It's a great walk. Yes, Anderson BM but you can follow the ridge for as long as you like. It is certainly not popular, which is way its so nice.

Back