Greetings from Ohio!

cabshire

Hey everyone! Been reading reports on here for a little but never posted. Will be working/living in Yellowstone (south) for the summer and fall. Was there last season and only got 1 trip under my belt but would love to find some people to get more into the backcountry with. ✌

Hey everyone! Been reading reports on here for a little but never posted. Will be working/living in Yellowstone (south) for the summer and fall. Was there last season and only got 1 trip under my belt but would love to find some people to get more into the backcountry with. ✌
Awesome! Are you working for the NPS? Some great backpacking there near the south entrance, not a lot of people on those trails.

Hi Cabshire. I live in the area, and being retired, could go on your days off. I am, however, not a super strong hiker, so do not eat up the miles. If you want to do any overnights, and just want company, let me know. This summer, I would like to get to some places in the south of the park—Beulah Lake, Mallard Lake, Pitchstone Plateau, some Bechler, and Heart Lake, but may also be distracted by other parts of the park.

Howdee Cabshire:

I live in Jackson but may be leaving for a few months this summer. Even so I am also not a strong (fast) hiker and haven't backpacked overnight in some time. If you're OK with soloing at times and arei nterested in any dayhiking on the southern half of the ecosystem let me know.

Pringles,

Beulah and Herring Lakes can be a bit scary. The kind of place soloing can be nerve racking. Have you done Cascade Acres and Terraced Falls?

Hi Absarokanaut! Herring Lake is the one that you have to go off trail, or maybe on a social trail, right? I’m not too interested in that. What’s scary about Beulah? So far, the only place that I wouldn’t go back to solo, is the backcountry site below Mt. Washburn. It’s just too far from anyone else. I guess so it Pitchstone Plateau, but it didn’t give me the same feeling. Anyway, what’s stressful about it? (Thanks for the warning.)

I haven’t don’t Terraced Falls, but I have gotten to Union Falls, and forded Falls River a few times. I don’t know where Cascade Acres is.

I've seen grizzlies there on multiple occasions and multiple sow tracks with accompanying cubs on the same hike. Cascade Acres is in vicinity of Terraced Falls.

Thanks for the warning Absarokanaut. While I’m interested in seeing the area, I’m not that interested in being eaten by a grizzly. Or involved with one in any other way.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
labinc98 Greetings from Southern Colorado Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
porcupinerambler Greetings from NW WY Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
Parashakti Greetings from Western Washington Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
E Greetings from Seattle Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
W Greetings from the West Side of the Winds (Wind River range) Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
F Greetings from western NC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Pichungo Greetings from California fellow outdoor enthusiasts Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
U greetings from southwest Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
I Greetings from southern AZ Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
randakag Greetings from Brooklyn! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Pianomover Greetings from northernmost California. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
Hiker Seth Greetings from Maine Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
D Greetings from Missouri! What are your favorite Hikes in the Sawtooths? Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
O Greetings from a Colorado Noob. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
David Rule Greetings from the Mid-West Noobs: Introduce yourself! 22
C Greetings from SC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Gregg B. Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
T Greetings from the East Coast Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
RedRockRambler Greetings from a new noob in San Diego Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Joyce & Tom Greetings from Overland Park Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
F Greetings from Wisconsin Newbie Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
D Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
MarkintheHV Greetings from the Hudson Valley Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Dirkules Greetings from Germany Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
Papa Dave Greetings! And one quick question Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
JSDez23 Greetings From SLC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
MVS Greetings from Wisconsin! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
hamtron5000 Greetings and Salutations from Western Colorado! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
LandOfLizards Greetings from Denver Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Opi Greetings from the badger state Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Gesenwein Greetings from Cortez Co. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
John Goering Greetings from SW Montana Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
JulieKT Greetings from Southern Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 13
Jeremy C Greetings from up north! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Chuck the Mauler Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
mak1277 Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
EastSiideRyda Greetings from the DMV Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Harrison1991 Hello from Ohio Noobs: Introduce yourself! 10