FlameStower

If that thing works like it does in the video, that is an awesome piece of technology. I guess the question for a lot on here is, how much does it weigh?.. Very cool if it was priced right and lightweight.

If that thing works like it does in the video, that is an awesome piece of technology. I guess the question for a lot on here is, how much does it weigh?.. Very cool if it was priced right and lightweight.

I was wondering the same thing.

At first it looked pretty light and small but when I watched the video I realized it's actually reasonably large. I bet it has to weight at least 12 oz or more. If I were into doing multiple weeks or months on the trail, I'd be all over something like this, but considering I rarely go out for more than 3-5 days, it's just easier and probably just as light to pack the extra batteries I need. Still some neat technology though!

I really do not understand why bring extra batteries is such an issue. A set of Lithium batteries will keep a GPS going 24 hours a day for a few days. There is no reason to keep a GPS on all the time. GPS units often break and should never be relied upon.

Where I go there are no cell phone towers, so there is absolutely no point in even carrying a cell phone. If you are near cell towers, you are near a road and then why do you need a cell phone? Cell phones are only useful to call for help which you can only do if you are near a place with enough people to warrant a company putting in a tower. If you are setting up a base camp in china for a month, then you can use solar panels from Goal Zero.

Back