Comet PANSTARRS

Aldaron

They're not masterpieces, but for my first nighttime shots with my new camera, and my first pictures of any comet, I'm fairly happy. The clouds broke just a few minutes before sunset, so we hurried out to a dark place and didn't have time to grab the telescope. But I'm happy enough with these pictures without the telescope that I'll probably focus on trying to get pictures with it tomorrow.

1.jpg

2.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

DSC00361-2.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

I'm hoping the clouds break tonight so I can use the telescope. Either this has been weird cloud weather or I'm just noticing it because I want to look at the sky!

Well done. What IS that new camera? What focal length was that first shot? Too many mountains and clouds in the way here at sunset too. But I got to see it through you!

You're being too kind! The pictures are pretty bad, I think...they're just better than I expected out of myself!

The camera is the Sony NEX-6. The focal length on that first picture was 152mm...the second one was at 210mm. I need better lenses.

Au contraire, frere. They are better than we have taken AFAIK. And the only place I have seen Pannstars is in my ephemerisis program (star model) thus far!

BTW welcome to the mirrorless revolution!