Cinemascapes

No video compilation is complete without the Swiss Machine, Ueli Steck. The scenes from the Alexis Pitch are astounding.
Hey, you know the Swiss Machine! Another one of my heroes! His climbs with Alex Honnold are legendary and great fun.

That is 10x cooler with the moon!

Dig it! Those scenes up on the ridge lines are amazing!
Saw this one on Dan's facebook page earlier. WOW.
- the space station video - notice how thin the atmosphere is as highlited by the night shots and the aurora. Not so hard to imagine that we have to start taking care of it.

Nice. Kudos to the guy who put it together from free, gov't provided imagery! Go NASA! and to all the engineers, astronauts and armchair explorers that make it possible to keep up the ultimate "Get up and get out there!" adventure.

I love it. I busted out laughing at the end. The bus that picks him up has the destination UPHILL on it's electronic sign.
did you see the behind the scenes too? total accident. i thought for sure they pre-planned that. brilliant!

did you see the behind the scenes too? total accident. i thought for sure they pre-planned that. brilliant!
BwaHaHaHa ! That makes me bust out just to think of it again. You don't think they shopped the UPHILL in do you? I watched the behind the scenes....

Nice. Now that is the kind of pooder I like to ski. And we get to in the home of the Greatest Snow on Earth. Cool - how did they do the great special effects with the season translation?

Cold: 2011 Banff Grand Prize winner. The first successful winter climb of an 8,000 meter Pakistani peak. Unbelievable accomplishment.

Not a lot of meat in the trailer unfortunately. I would like to see the film. What is all your altitude record? Dan? Nick? I made it to 19.2K, in the summer, and suffered. To do it in the winter like these guys. You are right, an accomplishment.

Back