Backcountry Vehicles

Saw this rig (pic from web) at the Fremont Lake Campground in July.

From their website “The base price for our 2020 LTi is $590,000. Most LTi EarthRoamers go out the door in the mid-to-high $600k range.
The HD is priced at $1.7 million plus the price of options for a fully loaded rig, tailored to your specific needs.”

22C76A9D-C16A-4F42-BB5B-4B96362E43A5.jpeg

Bought this for $150 in 1986, took a year putting it back together, then we had 13 years and some great road tripping as well as some epic breakdowns. Excellent off road but one scary ride at speed.
Ran a VW factory rebuilt 1500 single port that I pulled from a rotted Beatle the whole time, averaging 20mpg and under 60mph.
No surprise that the guy who came to haul it out of the bushes after a decade had a ponytail.

A0DCF8D8-B804-45AB-8886-D663E7D878EC.jpeg

BA61FBD7-199F-4774-AD1D-CB4F56CEEBBD.jpeg

Saw this rig (pic from web) at the Fremont Lake Campground in July.

From their website “The base price for our 2020 LTi is $590,000. Most LTi EarthRoamers go out the door in the mid-to-high $600k range.
The HD is priced at $1.7 million plus the price of options for a fully loaded rig, tailored to your specific needs.”

View attachment 86208
I'm having trouble coming up with how that could cost so much. $200k-300k I can reluctantly wrap my head around, but $600k to over a million is mind boggling. Are the countertops solid gold?

I'm having trouble coming up with how that could cost so much. $200k-300k I can reluctantly wrap my head around, but $600k to over a million is mind boggling. Are the countertops solid gold?

Yeah, I don’t know @Jackson, seems just a bit over the top to me also. Those prices are for the current models and the one starting at $1.7 million is at least twice the size. Granite countertops are standard it seems.
They have preowned for sale if budget is a concern. You can buy #43, a 2006 with 97k, for a meager $165,000. The next cheapest is $380,000.

Check out the EarthRoamer site: https://earthroamer.com/

Bought this for $150 in 1986, took a year putting it back together, then we had 13 years and some great road tripping as well as some epic breakdowns. Excellent off road but one scary ride at speed.
Ran a VW factory rebuilt 1500 single port that I pulled from a rotted Beatle the whole time, averaging 20mpg and under 60mph.
No surprise that the guy who came to haul it out of the bushes after a decade had a ponytail.

View attachment 86209

View attachment 86210
Why? Broke down VW camper van >> long-haired pony-tail dude? The one time I road tripped in my buddy's holding our breath for the next breakdown we had ponytails. Just saying.....

Solid granite countertops in a little rig like that probably only cost $2,000. ;)

Why? Broke down VW camper van >> long-haired pony-tail dude? The one time I road tripped in my buddy's holding our breath for the next breakdown we had ponytails. Just saying.....
Oh, I don’t know. Seems like it was a generational right of passage. I did my best to live the truth of the stereotype including the Grateful Dead tour and had plenty of like minded ‘bus brothers’ along the way.

View attachment 86209

View attachment 86210
Too bad they are worth a lot now

Too bad they are worth a lot now

Aren’t some of them well over $20,000?
I sold the guy two pretty rusty vans stuffed with parts for $1500 in 2012 and he was thrilled.
No doubt I could have gotten more.
Hopefully he resurrected them.

“The base price for our 2020 LTi is $590,000. Most LTi EarthRoamers go out the door in the mid-to-high $600k range.
I heard there's a discount if you buy one of each model. There's only 5, so maybe we could do a BCP group buy.
Carbon fiber construction, so I'm sure it's ultralight!

I heard there's a discount if you buy one of each model. There's only 5, so maybe we could do a BCP group buy.
Carbon fiber construction, so I'm sure it's ultralight!
So the total price will be somewhere around 3.5-4 million. That means that if we have 50-100 active users on here (I'm not sure what the real numbers are), we only need $35k-80k from each of us. What a steal!

So the total price will be somewhere around 3.5-4 million. That means that if we have 50-100 active users on here (I'm not sure what the real numbers are), we only need $35k-80k from each of us. What a steal!

Ok, I’m in and I volunteer to hold the funds until we have enough. Everyone send it my way please!

I upgraded my XTerra with a nice cargo box for all the outdoor toys like camping gear and ski
Now I need to add some stickers to it

IMG_0703-XL.jpg

Back