2020-2021 Snowpack

Driggs is also getting less snow, nothing like a year ago.

This photo from East Idaho News is from one year ago as a truck brought much needed gasoline into Teton Valley on Highway 33. Every road into the valley was closed. (From Bruce Mason's FB page Teton Valley Weather).

139102181_2121808784621707_1254020605202782735_n.jpg

We have ~4" of snow so far in Leeds. I expect the upper parts of Zion to get closer to a foot and multiple feet in the Pine Valley Mtns. As much as I am dreading shoveling tomorrow, we needed the precipitation.

Since that first good storm several weeks ago, here in Jackson Hole, Wy., We have been hammered with snow. This is still at least up in the mountains. Yes there is some in town. But now the Upper Snake River Drainage is at or near 98%. Since that first big storm several weeks ago, the high country has had maybe an 100 inches of snow or so ... And it is still a coming with snow in the forecast all week.

For outside of our area, even flatland South Texas is getting the snow and cold right now.

Starting to look a little better out there...

View attachment 96256
We haven't gotten a single storm that has produced over 6" in the valley here, but the little storms just keep moving through and beefing it up. Of course, the mountains end up getting more than the valleys, but still, there have been almost no large storms. I'll take what I can get though, as these little ones have helped a ton.

I read that it was the biggest single day snowfall in February ever for parts of the Wasatch Front, including the airport. I love to see it!

My little area, the Gallatin River drainage, is over 100% for the first time probably since October. Hoping it keeps up for everywhere out west.

That's crazy it was so big in places. We did okay up at my house on the Bountiful bench, probably 16" or so for the entire storm, but only 8 or so on the last wave Wednesday morning when everyone else got hit hard. Still haven't had any of the good 12-18" storms that we'd come to expect up here.

yeah it was super weird reading about the record-setting storm -- it was quite a bit to shovel but not even close to the most I've had to shovel (having lived on the SLC east bench at around 5000' since 2008)

yeah it was super weird reading about the record-setting storm -- it was quite a bit to shovel but not even close to the most I've had to shovel (having lived on the SLC east bench at around 5000' since 2008)
Seems like the news says everything is record setting or historic anymore......

We'll see how this plays out over the weekend, but for north central CO there is some BIG snow on the way. 91" in RMNP wowza.

Capture.JPG

Back