Where to fish near Salt Lake City

Nick

-
Since I'm sitting out from any major plans for Labor Day weekend, I was thinking I'd like to go do a little fly fishing instead. Ay suggestion on good places to go near Salt Lake? I know I could head up to Heber and fish the Middle Provo. Or I guess head though Utah County and hit the Lower Provo although I've always been a little intimidated by how big that river is. Anyway, suggestions would be awesome. It would be cool to catch decent sized fish on dries if possible.

Tibble Fork Reservoir, or hike up to Silver Lake (above the Silver Lake Reservoir). Both are nice places there in American Fork Canyon, although you'll have Silver Lake more to yourself.

Tibble Fork Reservoir, or hike up to Silver Lake (above the Silver Lake Reservoir). Both are nice places there in American Fork Canyon, although you'll have Silver Lake more to yourself.

Note - Silver Lake trail head is closed.

You could hit up the Weber- less crowded than the Provo.

Or backpack to one of the lakes up the Cottonwoods. I've heard Upper Red Pine has some decent cutts.

I'm hitting up the Weber early Saturday morning. And by early I mean on the water @ 5am. You're welcome to join(as long as you bring my BCP shirts! :) ). Just gonna be me and one other guy. There are a bunch of lakes up by Brighton that have fish and are very scenic. Lake Mary( or Marys Lake depending on who you ask) up there has some big(15lbs) Lakers in it...

559109_485464171464600_190030218_n.jpg

Attachments

• 559109_485464171464600_190030218_n.jpg
    559109_485464171464600_190030218_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 48
5AM?!?! :eek: Dude! You're hardcore! Maybe if you guaranteed me a catch like that one in the pic! :lol:

Haha. That's when the big boys are out feasting! I've caught a 20+ inch Brown 2 of the last 3 times we've fished this spot. I can pretty much guarantee you a 20+ inch sucker... We catch 3 or 4 of them every time we go. The one I caught last time we went was about 26" and 8-9 lbs. Gonna be a full moon tomorrow night also.

Back