Southern Absaroka & Thorofare Mountain (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - July 2023

Great report! If you did this July 14-20, Joey and I saw your foot prints (the only human foot prints we saw that trip) near the conversion of Bonneville toward the Buffalo Plateau. Amazing area. We saw 14 grizzly bears (8 in the basin below Younts/Thorofare) and actually got pushed down valley by an aggressive sow with cubs so we were unable to climb younts or make it over to our thorofare plateau objective.

A very special place for sure. Definitely makes you feel mortal when going to bed though lol.

Fantastic photos, looks like a killer trip all around! I did a little overnight hike around Bonneville Pass a few years ago, and have been wanting to get back out that way for a longer trip ever since.

Great report! If you did this July 14-20, Joey and I saw your foot prints (the only human foot prints we saw that trip) near the conversion of Bonneville toward the Buffalo Plateau. Amazing area. We saw 14 grizzly bears (8 in the basin below Younts/Thorofare) and actually got pushed down valley by an aggressive sow with cubs so we were unable to climb younts or make it over to our thorofare plateau objective.

A very special place for sure. Definitely makes you feel mortal when going to bed though lol.
That may have been us. Only the 2 bears on this trip, but last year w/ @mike_offerman and @travel2walk we collectively saw 14 as well - 7 in that basin below Younts.

Mountain Rabbit, loved your trip report and photos bigtime! Looks like you had a most wonderful trip. It is now beginning to be a few years since havebeen back in this country and do miss it. Wishing You the Best!

Back