South Crandall Creek and the Hoodoos Wyoming and Yellowstone?

Jenny G

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone has hiked the Crandall Trail 607 in Wyoming anytime recently; I'm hiking to the Hoodoos in Yellowstone and debating hiking out through Miller Creek and the park, or out Crandall Creek. I'd love any trail reports advice from Crandall and/or the Hoodoos. Thanks!! Jenny

I'm not in front of a map right now, but there's def a trail from the Crandall ranger station near chief Joseph hwy, up to the saddle north of hoodoo peak. That trail exists and does see maintenance. I remember a nasty matchstick burn area on the ridge east of hoodoo but I wanna say thats before I actually met up with the trail, which was cut open in my memory.

This was 2020.

I'm not in front of a map right now, but there's def a trail from the Crandall ranger station near chief Joseph hwy, up to the saddle north of hoodoo peak. That trail exists and does see maintenance. I remember a nasty matchstick burn area on the ridge east of hoodoo but I wanna say thats before I actually met up with the trail, which was cut open in my memory.

This was 2020.
Thanks a ton LarryBoy.

lamar to Miller to Hoodoos was good trail last I was on it.

Back