Sierra Designs High Route 1FL Tent - Looks interesting

Looks a lot like the TarpTent Stratospire with a few modifications. I read a little more about this tent and Sierra Designs actually came up with their prototype before they even knew about the Stratospire. I have a Stratospire 2 and have been very impressed with it's robustness and weight. I'd imagine this one is just as good.

Last edited:
Looks nice but I doubt I can sneak it into the house. At 200.00 for a pair of boots and two pairs a year, which is what I use, that's 1.5 pairs of boots for one tent. My 1 person tent costs 90 bucks, weighs a pound and a half more then this one. I'll save the $ and spend it on boots, food, and gas going to and from.

Looks nice but I doubt I can sneak it into the house. At 200.00 for a pair of boots and two pairs a year, which is what I use, that's 1.5 pairs of boots for one tent. My 1 person tent costs 90 bucks, weighs a pound and a half more then this one. I'll save the $ and spend it on boots, food, and gas going to and from.

Saaaaad :( Way too often it does seem to come down to what we can sneak into the house doesn't it ? :(

I picked up a pair of Vasques and a North Face 3 person tent on the way home. The tent was stashed in the garage. The Vasques were buried in the basement closet.

That much weight reduction is worth it......Id bypass a pair of boots......But I really like my tarptent Rainbow.
Must be good by who designed it..... hehe

Last edited:
Back