Ruby ranch to mineral bottom

Stephanie

I have a group of 12-14 that are floating the green river from ruby ranch to mineral bottom. We were planning for the first week in may but are worried that we may have issues finding camping spots during that time of year and with that big of a group. Has anyone floated this section during that time of year?

I floated it at low water and there weren't very many campsites. I would recommend scouting all the spots on Google Earth and taking coordinates. A lot of the high water spots will not be visible from the river so you'll need to know when to get off the water to go scout them.

We are only going to be on the river for 3 days. Drop off at 10am on Friday morning and pickup at 5:00pm on Sunday night. I figured we may have to split the group up if we have issues finding a site. Thanks for your help guys! I think I'll googlemap it and purchase that map as well. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again!

Hey Stephanie-
How did this work out? Were there ample campsites for the group?

I’m thinking of doing a trip this year mid May with a group of 8-9 and have the same concern.

Thanks!
Amanda

We are only going to be on the river for 3 days. Drop off at 10am on Friday morning and pickup at 5:00pm on Sunday night. I figured we may have to split the group up if we have issues finding a site. Thanks for your help guys! I think I'll googlemap it and purchase that map as well. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again!

Back