Rock Creek Cabins-Eastern Sierra Romantic Getaway!

Laura

freespirittraveler
Quick little report from the Eastern Sierra. My boyfriend and I found this amazing little place in the Eastern Sierra Nevada about 18 months after we started going out, back in 2005. It's a bunch of cabins at 9,300 feet, ranging from rustic (wood stove, outside showers and bathrooms, bring a sleeping bag) to modern (cozy little one room cabins with heat, hot running water, and a nice big window overlooking the forest). In winter they have to snowmobile you in because the roads aren't plowed for several miles. It's incredibly peaceful and quiet, and you can rent cross country skis or snowshoes and just spend your time exploring. Best of all is dinner. After a long day skiing they have a six course gourmet dinner every night, served family style and all the guests eat together. I know it's a long way for the Utah people but if you're looking for a romantic getaway (or even a honeymoon) I highly recommend this place! We went up for New Year's and stayed 4 days. I had the dreaded blue skies every day so not the best photography light, but here's a few that turned out okay:

Mountain Reflection
Rock Creek-3.jpg

Rock Creek-2.jpg

Snowshoeing in the nearby trails
Rock Creek-4.jpg

The night sky:
Rock Creek5.jpg

You can check it out at www.rockcreeklodge.com

Featured image:
slide.jpg

Oh wow! Absolutely stunning! Love all the shots!

One day I'll have to take my tbd significant other there.

Love the night sky pic. For Utah peeps, you can find a similar experience at the Bear River Lodge off US 150. It's right at the winter gate on the north slope of the Uintas.

Back