RMNP sleeping pad question- mid July

tschertz

Newst Noob!
Looking at the Klymit Static V2 or the V2 insulated version.

Is an insulated version needed for low 40s with a 45 degree sleeping bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the Klymit Static V2 or the V2 insulated version.

Is an insulated version needed for low 40s with a 45 degree sleeping bag?

Insulated will be best at those temperatures. Also just better to have for all-around use.
I only have insulated pads, and there has never been a night I've spent camping where I've wished I had an non-insulated pad.

I am like @Jackson . I have the Klymit insulated version (just happened to be the best rated at a great price when I bought it for the fall season). Every now and then I contemplate adding a non-insulated one for weight purposes, but there are just too many other things I want... err need first :cool:. It will not be an issue for you at those temps. I take mine year round and have no issues whether it is warm or cold.

Insulated will be best at those temperatures. Also just better to have for all-around use.
I only have insulated pads, and there has never been a night I've spent camping where I've wished I had an non-insulated pad.

Thanks for the quick reply! One is rated at 1.5, the other at 4.4 and it’s not that much of a size/weight difference....granted I have a crappy 2.2 pound 1 inch pad right now

All depends on elevation. Right now it's freezing each night around 11500 in Colorado...

Back